1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Neil79, 30 May 2012.

1. eagleuk

Gangster

This is going to be the first single-player game I've bought and played for a long time!

2. MissChief

Capodecina

Single player only. They’re working on a multiplayer CP2077 game to be released in the future.

3. Silicon Si

Gangster

I pre-ordered it the other day, i have been waiting for this game for around 7 years since before the teaser back then , but i feel its not what i hoped it would be, I was hoping it would be more Bladerunner mixed with mass effect type of theme but I will see !

Last edited: 28 Nov 2020
  4. Malevolence

Capodecina

Yes, but if I buy it at that price can I add it to my current GoG account or do I need to set up another one purely for this game?

5. mrk

Man of Honour

Has someone stated this? The PC version is next gen out the box with full RTX and whatever your system can support. The only exception being AMD card owners must wait for AMD to update their drivers to support DXR as they are lagging behind somewhat.

6. seanyc5

Wise Guy

I mean I suppose the developers still get some money this way, but you may as well just obtain via other means if you are going to do this. Suprised the forum allows talk of it, they are normally pretty strict with anything that's not 100% above board.

7. Torquar

Hitman

I added it to my regular account, seems fine.

8. .Lethal

Soldato

GoG would prefer you purchase in GBP but haven't gone out their way to stop/ban/change their ToS to stop it happening.

9. Tombstone

Capodecina

Judging from the console preload size, I reckon that this is going to be something between an 80 and 90gb download , with the day one patch , on PC

10. ceaton88

Hitman

agreed

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

Wonder if RTX features are enabled in Windows 7 - it is using a baked in DX12 renderer for Windows 7 but not sure if it supports ray tracing or not.

EDIT: The DX12 feature level runtime for Windows 7 doesn't support DXR features :( so I'm guessing they won't be available on Windows 7 on CP either.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2020
  12. StrongSad

Mobster

I am really interested as to why you have not moved to Win 10? is it a hardware thing?

13. Stu999

Wise Guy

Last edited: 29 Nov 2020
  14. Rroff

Man of Honour

I have several Windows 10 systems but I keep my main 2 desktops (machines I actually rely on) on 7 because I find Windows 10's update implementation obnoxious compounded by far too many post update issues and the UI aesthetically I find obnoxious.

15. chrismscotland

Mobster

Done the same; too big a bargain to ignore!

16. Spleen Sauce

Wise Guy

Keeping the ‘machines you rely on’ running an operating system that’s no longer supported is certainly an interesting concept...you’re better off using Windows 10 LTSC in my opinion. But each to their own :)

17. .Lethal

Soldato

Indeed. Some people are a bit special.

18. Rroff

Man of Honour

Can't say it is something I would recommend to someone else but I make it work for me.

Sadly it isn't like you even fundamentally improve your security situation moving to Windows 10 as MS's approach is undoing any of the benefits of a newer, supported OS and if people are getting their knickers in a twist about that I hope they are using one of the better flavours of Linux. I find it odd how much stick Intel gets over their vulnerabilities yet the Windows 10 situation leaves you many times more exposed than any of the Intel vulnerabilities.

19. ColdAsIce

Soldato

windows 7 :s

20. Tupro

Wise Guy

when developers start releasing games that are actually finished, bug free and stop charging so much then maybe people would stop doing it
    especially when they expect you to pay up-front for a game that might not perform as expected