*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Sounds awesome :D Love the setting and love that it's being made by CDPR. Of course there are the obvious DE:HR similarities, and I liked that game a lot, but I think CDPR can do even better - and it sounds like their game will lean more heavily on the RPG elements.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
An interview on Rock, Paper, Shotgun is the first installment in a two-parter talking with CD Projekt CEO Marcin Iwinski about a Cyberpunk, CD Projekt RED's upcoming role-playing game. They discuss the sci-fi setting, working on another adaptation like The Witcher, the possibility they will make their own IP, and an interesting discussion of DRM in light of his company's stance against it compared with Diablo III's restrictive scheme.

Associate
Just bringing this to peoples attention, as I know how well thought of CD Projekt RED are around here. I for one cannot wait for a Cyberpunk RPG, or another Witcher! :)

CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event takes places this Thursday (18 October) at 18:00 GMT. The conference will be streamed online at facebook.com/thewitcher and www.gog.com so be sure to tune in to watch our live broadcast. During the event CD Projekt RED will announce the official name of their futuristic new IP, based on the classic pen & paper RPG Cyberpunk®. More exclusive details about the project will be shown.

Not only console and PC users should tune in for the conference. Mac Computer users should be prepared for a bunch of thrilling announcements including more information about the upcoming release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for OS X.

Speaking of new operating systems, GOG.com will also be announcing that it is bringing the best PC games from throughout history to a new operating system. That’s not all of the news that GOG.com has planned for the Special Event, however: they will also be showcasing several new releases as well as giving gamers a unique chance to get some of the greatest classic games ever made for a literally unbeatable price.

Remember – the live stream from the CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event starts October 18th, 18:00 (GMT). See you then!

Associate
Just saw this, cannot wait to see more info about this! Hopefully it's one of the games in a setting that I've been waiting for! (I know there are others that are similar but they're not always what I hoped for :<)

Associate
Here's a hidden message from the trailer.

"Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! : ) You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. It's a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo so lets begin!

First of all--have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it's a teaser we'll have a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants--look for the weapon hands and the real skin -- corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more. Happy hunting!

You're probably curious about the release date. It's currently scheduled a way off in 2015 but in truth the delivery date is more like "when it's done". We will release Cyberpunk to you when we're convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. We want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever--OK, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Oh--and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we're still building our dev team so if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now! [email protected]

So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk Pen&Paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now, and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with an excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality hmm we'll tell some more about it soon!

And that's not all that's new! We are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed and yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we're talking about : ) on the 5th of February, it will be all clear.

So stay tuned, as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife--what other name could we have chosen for it? : )

CD Projekt RED Team"

Last edited:
Associate
Wishing my life away, but jeez I want to play this game! I've always had a thing for cyberpunk and it is sorely missed in gaming.

I love how they hide a secret message. Guess the game nearer completion is Witcher 3?

Back
Top Bottom