*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Hmm... am I simply expecting too much from the sharpening setting and what DLSS does? Appreciate that in motion the game will no doubt look great, but particularly on the characters pores and the scar/surgery line on his face... it looks way more defined with everything off. The facial hair too.

Sharpening still means I'm missing that detail. I can see that the slider is clearly doing something if I push it up to 100% but its unnatural at that point.

DLSS Off Setting - 1440p

DLSS Off - No Sharpening 1440p

DLSS Balanced Setting - 1440p

DLSS Balanced - No Sharpening 1440p

DLSS Balanced - 50% Sharpening 1440p

EDIT: Reuploaded the last ones because I wasn't sure I selected the right images!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm... am I simply expecting too much from the sharpening setting and what DLSS does? Appreciate that in motion the game will no doubt look great, but particularly on the characters pores and the scar/surgery line on his face... it looks way more defined with everything off. The facial hair too.

Sharpening still means I'm missing that detail. I can see that the slider is clearly doing something if I push it up to 100% but its unnatural at that point.

DLSS Off Setting - 1440p

DLSS Off - No Sharpening 1440p

DLSS Balanced Setting - 1440p

DLSS Balanced - No Sharpening 1440p

DLSS Balanced - 50% Sharpening 1440p

Get in game before testing, I found the character creation to be blurry for some reason, it's not a representation of in game.

Associate

From what I understand about DLSS (rendering at a lower resolution under the surface then upscaling and doing some soft of AI sharpening/reconstruction) information theory says you can't regain all the detail that's lost, even if you add more sharpening. It's always going to be a compromise.

Back
Top Bottom