*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Just have to remember this is one of those games that you'll have to replay to get the most out of it, just finished Nomad and the various endings, will try Street Kid later on

Man of Honour
They will patch the trade<>cash<>sell loophole to basically have infinite cash soon enough, which is why I've been making use of it getting specced up on mods before they nuke it lol. The rare painting from space will remain in my backpack until then!

Is that the one that can be sold for ~4000 then immediately bought back for 5 then immediately sold for ~4000 then bought back...etc? There are a few items like that.

It seems they haven't tested weapons either. It's apparently possible to make a 30 eurodollar junk pistol do over 600,000 damage per shot. Not using exploits to craft things that shouldn't exist (like in some of the Fallout games) but just using unbalanced synergies between mods and skills/perks/whatever. Getting it to 50,000+ is quite easy and can be done at low level. 50,000+ is a one shot kill of everything. From a junk pistol you can find in bins and on the floor and suchlike.

It is going to need some major patches - the potential for a great game is there but they really need to take a step back and take another pass at it with the experience they've gained so far.

A lot is going to depend on their handling of the situation now especially from those higher up on the business side.

Yes. The potential is clearly there. A lot of the implementation is there. But what was released simply wasn't a finished game. It's a beta version. A late beta, with all the content, but a beta. Not balanced, not solid, not polished. It was rushed out for business reasons and that's bitten them in the arse. The people at a decision-making level should be learning an important lesson - forcing the release of a half-baked game is a worse business decision than delaying the release of a finished game. It's damaged the reputation of the whole company as well as the game itself, and that's bad for business. A buggy, wildly unbalanced and blatantly untested game. Released on platforms that obviously can't run it adequately. A very bad job of the business side of things that has blighted a very good job of the game development itself.

If I was one of the game devs at CDPR, right now I'd be dreaming of storming into the boardroom while all the board was there, screaming at them, slapping them with smelly wet fish, jumping on the table and taking a dump on it before screaming some more and leaving.

Soldato
I think they needed to cap the max level you can get to, and cap weapon damage etc. Anything over level 20~ just breaks the game. As Angilion says, even a basic weapon with zero mods can now one shot pretty much any enemy in the in game.
Probably needs a different thread but tbh I'm getting sick of the awful levelling systems in most RPGs now. Fallout games and Witcher etc all have the same issues.

Man of Honour
From the brief amount of time I have put into this game so far 103.5 Radio Pebkac was incredible [..]

That's not my usual cup of tea for music, but I am now tempted to buy the game mainly to ride around the gameworld on a motorbike with that on the radio. It fits so well.

I'm not going to buy it for at least a couple of months, though. It's not a finished game. I'm waiting on Trudograd for the same reason, but the company that makes that is honest and calls it an early access game, in development, currently version 0.7.2.

Associate
That's not my usual cup of tea for music, but I am now tempted to buy the game mainly to ride around the gameworld on a motorbike with that on the radio. It fits so well.

The track @ 08:35 came on during my first entry into the open world and a vehicle - I was like okkaaayyyy here we go!!!

....and then the game flopped for me

Man of Honour
I thought crafting was fine but even with the duping trick iv realised its completely broken. The amount of mats you need to gain low xp at higher levels has not been calculated properly at all.

You can work around that by scrapping stuff without scrapping it. No, really, that's a thing. Equip a grenade, scrap it...and it doesn't scrap but you get XP as if it did. Use the ridiculous crafting mechanics to make yourself as many grenades as you can fit in a stack (which doesn't cost you anything), do the scrap-not scrap dance and you'll soon have all the XP in the world.

The game mechanics are so ludicrously broken that they make FO4 game mechanics look polished and balanced. And that was a game where it was possible ingame to craft a pistol that uses .38 bullets but fires 3 nuclear bombs for each .38 bullet.

Commissario
Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests

• Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

PC-specific

• Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

Associate
I mean the game looks amazing thats for sure, but visuals alone are not enough to make a game good unfortunately

Absolutely agree with you.
Game will be used in future as a benchmark but ONLY for visuals, for everything else absolutely not.

I feel like Ferrari sold me their latest sports car.
Sure they look beautiful, reflection from full moon and street lights on the car is out of the world. Led headlights are lighting up the roads hundred metres far. Has three coats of paints, only one in the world on this model
But
Engine wasn't tested enough so works in safe mode, only 50 mph top speed, suspension is soft instead hard, breaks are regular instead of sports one, only three speeds instead of seven, passenger seat is missing, winter tyres.......
Come back to service each month for regular checks and upgrades, you will have your Ferrari as advertised in two-three years.
Until then go to showrooms and show everyone how beautiful your car looks and brag how you pick up girls and drive them around ( but do not mention it is only at night time and in the city ) :D

Soldato
Well just finished the Nomad V ending after 120hrs in - Still got the Silverhands and the Araska ones left to do (Silverhands I think I know what'll happen but Araska seems interesting).

Sadly I just feel a little "empty" now, I mean I've done everything except a dozen very easy/boring "help the NCPD" missions. All the side missions are done, all the gigs everything and so, other than driving around and exploring, the current "end state" for the game is pretty empty right now.

However....................................

Just have to remember this is one of those games that you'll have to replay to get the most out of it, just finished Nomad and the various endings, will try Street Kid later on

Yeah I think I'll do that for the Street Kid/Corpo characters and see whats different (if anything).

literally the same game after 5 minutes man

Thats another option, I always saved every hour-ish so I could always go right back to the very first "Rescue" gig as my Nomad and try different choices, builds etc just to see the effect I suppose.

I think they needed to cap the max level you can get to, and cap weapon damage etc. Anything over level 20~ just breaks the game. As Angilion says, even a basic weapon with zero mods can now one shot pretty much any enemy in the in game.

Thats a definite problem, even the "Big Bad" you fight at the end of V's quest at the end was zero issues for me on Hard with my 5k+ Armour and various 500k+ headshot weapons.

Man of Honour
Finally passed the prologue :D - other than a floating suitcase outside the hotel room and a man without a gun, but firing anyway, it’s a very immersive story. Put a perk point into shotgun/light machine guns - it’s an annoying combo of skills, I want to use a shotgun, but not the light machine gun. I should have put the point into rifles and sun machine guns. It’s a very easy game, but enjoyable and patch 1.05 seems to have improved a lot, so there is hope.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally passed the prologue :D - other than a floating suitcase outside the hotel room and a man without a gun, but firing anyway, it’s a very immersive story. Put a perk point into shotgun/light machine guns - it’s an annoying combo of skills, I want to use a shotgun, but not the light machine gun. I should have put the point into rifles and sun machine guns.

Most of the attribute trees focus on 2 primary things, and you'll get enough perk points to deep spec until multiple trees by even mid game. The perks aren't dependent on other perks in the same tree, you can pick and choose whatever you want so you can ignore any in that tree that aren't relevant to machine guns foe example. Just keep in mind that there's levels to each skill tree which give you bonuses and you level up that exp with things specific to that tree, so if the tree contains shotgun perks then kills with the shotgun will level that tree. If you find yourself wanting perks from that tree for the shotgun and can't necessarily justify the attribute levels to get there, keep in mind that every attribute has multiple skill trees and the main level of the attribute caps each trees max level, so points into the reflex attribute while it might not give you something you want from the shotgun tree straight away it will probably unlock something helpful in one of the other trees inside that attribute.

Don't feel the pressure to spend perk points immediately, there's a limited number in the game total, don't waste it on something you don't really want just because you can in the moment, you can save it until later. Some perks you can level 2 or even 3 times so sometimes when you unlock one of those you'll want to get it to say level 3 straight away and having some spare perk points can't help. Either way planning ahead with the perk points is generally good practice. I think you can respect at some point if you like but it's $100k.

Man of Honour
Most of the attribute trees focus on 2 primary things, and you'll get enough perk points to deep spec until multiple trees by even mid game. The perks aren't dependent on other perks in the same tree, you can pick and choose whatever you want so you can ignore any in that tree that aren't relevant to machine guns foe example. Just keep in mind that there's levels to each skill tree which give you bonuses and you level up that exp with things specific to that tree, so if the tree contains shotgun perks then kills with the shotgun will level that tree. If you find yourself wanting perks from that tree for the shotgun and can't necessarily justify the attribute levels to get there, keep in mind that every attribute has multiple skill trees and the main level of the attribute caps each trees max level, so points into the reflex attribute while it might not give you something you want from the shotgun tree straight away it will probably unlock something helpful in one of the other trees inside that attribute.

Don't feel the pressure to spend perk points immediately, there's a limited number in the game total, don't waste it on something you don't really want just because you can in the moment, you can save it until later. Some perks you can level 2 or even 3 times so sometimes when you unlock one of those you'll want to get it to say level 3 straight away and having some spare perk points can't help. Either way planning ahead with the perk points is generally good practice. I think you can respect at some point if you like but it's $100k.

Helpful, thanks.

Associate
Got my headshot/crit from stealth damage up to 257,745 :D

20201224183712-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom