*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Is stamina ever an issue for anyone? I haven't got even half way down the bar in combat and not even tried to buff stamina

The only way I managed to run it down (but never actually run out) was doing some crazy double jump/running combo to move really fast through the city - even then it would reset so quickly you'd never actually run out.

I didn't specifically buff it at all and was missing most of the bigger bonuses/perks for stamina.

Soldato
Booted this up for the first time since Christmas today to mop up the last few trophies, some of which were glitched during my first play through. No crashes in 120 hours in total but way more graphical bugs since I last played. It also performed noticeably worse and I had to reduce graphical settings to get a decent frame rate. Got all the trophies now though so uninstalled it and am moving on to something else.

How'd you put 120 hours in since you haven't played since 25th December? It came out on the 12th, not taking into account what time you started, there's only 312 HOURS in between, You spent a third of your time, not even waking hours, playing Cyberpunk?

/autist

Man of Honour
How'd you put 120 hours in since you haven't played since 25th December? It came out on the 12th, not taking into account what time you started, there's only 312 HOURS in between, You spent a third of your time, not even waking hours, playing Cyberpunk?

/autist

My brother used to do it with games like WoW - working 50 hours a week, somehow still fitting in 60 hours of WoW.

Caporegime

/autist
Finished it on the 19th of December having put 84 hours in to it and then moped up a few more trophies up to the 23rd and put another 20-25 hours in to it. The rest of the time was today. Only other game I've put as many hours in to as this game in such a short space of time was Championship/Football manager.

Soldato
I started the update this time yesterday. Back from work today and the GoG updater is at 92% with no movement in the past hour. May have to uninstall and reinstall.

Permabanned
I enjoyed the game, but it felt somewhat of an RTX showcase and a more of an early access game than a AAA title. How the hell it released in the state it did is beyond me.

I enjoyed the story though. Just wish it had been delayed another year.

Soldato
Thought I'd give the game another go today, however it just will not start, press play, goes to synching and that's it. Not sure if it's just Cyperpunk being Cyberpunk or if it's this dev build of Windows 10.

Soldato
How 'fixed' is it following 1.2? Playable yet or still best to wait longer?

Thoughts appreciated !

Waited until 1.2 to play and played over BH and this week with time off. Not had any bugs (yet) or crash's to desktop. Performance is where I expect for a punishing title.

All that said, others seem to have issues still in terms of crashing. I think if you do not get that constantly, is in a state you can play it IMO

Man of Honour
I liked the Keanu Reeves stuff though not everyone does - but IMO Judy's story was more interesting - shame it lacked the ability for the player to have any real agency in it though as that would have taken it to another level and felt like a real glimpse of what Night City was all about (which I didn't think the main story did well) and a glimpse of what I think the game was trying to be.

I really wish they'd fleshed out Night City as a concept of purgatory though with some intent on moving through and others content to stay and rise to the top, etc.

Associate
Completed last night, I'd have to agree with the above comment that it's a very pretty game and some of the quests are interesting/fun, but it just feels like it's incredibly shallow once you get past all the eye candy etc. Enjoyed it for what it was, but some of the bugs became massive irritations in the later missions i.e. kill the 20 mercs, oh but 2 of them have glitched into this concrete floor, have fun!

I also had a repeated issue of the performance randomly tanking, using an overlay you could see that the GPU power was dropping from 240w to a hard 160w cap randomly, dropping fps from 60-70 down to the 40s or even 30s in some scenes randomly, yet saving and reloading resolved it. Peculiar, and another annoying bug.

Soldato
Purchased this in the end, and as somebody that was never bought into the hype its actually surprisingly good.

I've done no reading or preperation before hand and somehow stumbled onto a build that makes all combat even on very hard exceedingly trivial (Stealth / Pistol) - its certainly unbalanced as all hell.

The biggest issue is... I think I've just hit a game breaking bug. Key mission, "On The Street" - one of the NPC's you need to talk to for the story to progress just does not respond. This isn't the one they patched, but the one they missed.

My only options are: Load a save pre the conclusion of the Prologue and lose roughly 8 hours playtime or wait for it to be patched.

Balls.

Man of Honour
Purchased this in the end, and as somebody that was never bought into the hype its actually surprisingly good.

I've done no reading or preperation before hand and somehow stumbled onto a build that makes all combat even on very hard exceedingly trivial (Stealth / Pistol) - its certainly unbalanced as all hell.

The biggest issue is... I think I've just hit a game breaking bug. Key mission, "On The Street" - one of the NPC's you need to talk to for the story to progress just does not respond. This isn't the one they patched, but the one they missed.

My only options are: Load a save pre the conclusion of the Prologue and lose roughly 8 hours playtime or wait for it to be patched.

Balls.

There are two common workarounds for Cyberpunk 2077 bugs that fix most of them. You may as well try them:

1) Save and then load that save. This fixes a large majority of bugs, takes seconds and you don't lose any gameplay. Worth trying. If it doesn't work, maybe try the second common workaround.
2) Trigger a cutscene. The easiest and most reliable way to do so is to hire the services of a prostitute. Surprisingly, only two of the many prostitutes in Night City are working for the player. Both do business from the market in Japantown. They appear as lips on the minimap, under the services filter.

For some "NPC doesn't respond" bugs, a potential workaround is to leave the area, skip ahead 24 hours and return. Don't worry about skipping time - the constant messages about how you're dying and must proceed with the main storyline as quickly as possible are all lies. A couple of side missions are timed, but only a couple. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one.

As for "unbalanced as all hell", you weren't even particularly lucky to have stumbled onto such a build. There are many such builds. But none of them are as unbalanced as crafting. You can (and I do mean this literally) turn one can of pop (or the eddies to buy one from a vending machine) into infinite money and infinite crafting components solely from crafting. Crafting is so unbalanced that it allows you to magically create valuable crafting components from nothing, limited only by your patience with the very bad crafting UI. If you want a build that's more unbalanced than the Tacoma Narrows bridge, combine the unbalanced crafting system with the unbalanced equipment system and the unbalanced combat system! ~6000 armour rating and magic bullets that make the most ridiculous aimbot seem defective. You can ignore stealth entirely. And aiming. Anywhere in the general direction of an enemy will do. However, there are a variety of instadeaths in the game that completely ignore all of your armour. You could cheat yourself a million armour and still be instakilled by a single shot. As far as I know, it happens when an enemy hits something explosive near you. Then there are environmental instadeaths. For example, if you leave Judy's apartment by the fire escape you die when you step off it into the ground.

But when it's not bugging out it's not bad. It's utterly terrible compared to the game CDPR falsely sold it as being, but if you ignore (or never read) their lies about the game then the game itself isn't bad. I quite liked it and still consider it worth the £50 I paid for it. I did a complete playthrough and almost all of a second playthrough. I might go back to the second playthrough, but I'm still undecided on how to handle the situation at Clouds.
This character thinks Judy's plan is unworkable as it leaves the ultraviolent gang that owns Clouds in place and kills some of its moderately high ranking members, so they're very likely to respond very violently to save face. But this character fancies Judy and doesn't want to go against her plan. This character was a nutjob on a vigilante crusade to kill every gang member on sight, but they've come to think that they'd be better off leaving Night City and using their crafting skill to earn a living somewhere else, somewhere less deranged. With Judy. Yeah, there's some scope for roleplaying in this game.

EDIT:

A couple of important tips for you (and any other new players).

1) Legendary clothing plans are still extremely bugged. They spawn only once, ever. The first time you enter one of the clothing shops selling legendary plans, it will have 1-4 random legendary plans in stock. Only the first time. As soon as you leave the shop, maybe even if you just turn away from the shop worker, the plans disappear for ever and will never be restocked. So don't enter a clothing shop until you have a big stack of money, at least 200,000 eddies, and can buy the plans. Also, you'll have to save scum to get the ones you want. Save outside the shop, enter shop, see what plans they have, reload the save if they don't have the ones you want.

2) Get a motorbike. There's far too much traffic in the city for a car to be convenient and a lot of the game is in the city. Vehicle handling was ludicrously defective on release. The latest patch apparently improved it, but I don't know how much. But traffic makes cars irritating even if they do handle adequately now. I used Jackie's Arch for the whole game, both times. I tried some other bikes, but found that to be the best one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't get any crashes with my 100+ hours of gameplay. In fact, I've had more of a frustrating experience with AC Valhalla where I can get 4 or 5 crashed in an hour followed by 10+ hours with none. I also see ghost like artefacts of broken long ships floating above the water in that game yet there doesn't seem to be the same venom or hate being spewed about that game. I get that a lot of the disappointment with Cyberpunk was the broken promises, but in terms of how playable the game is, I personally don't think it's anywhere near as bad as is perceived although I appreciate that not everyone's experience will be the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom