*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Hotfix 1.21:

Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

In this update we focused on further improving the overall stability of the game and fixing the most common issues that could block progression. Here's what changed:

Quests & Open World

• Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.
  • Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
  • Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
  • Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
  • Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
  • Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
  • Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
  • Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
  • Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.
  • Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.
  • Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
  • Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.
  • Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
  • Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.
  • Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
  • Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
  • Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.
  • Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.
  • Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
  • Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
  • Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
  • Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
Gameplay

• Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
Visual

• Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.
UI

• Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
  • Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
  • Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance

• Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
Console-specific

• Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
Stadia-specific

• Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.

Associate
I can't be bothered to update the game. It'd be like sticking a mild dressing on a severed limb at this point. **** it.

The thing that still sticks in my throat is that its not like they over promised at the start and then under delivered after they realised they couldnt actually achieve what they wanted months and years later.. Just a couple of weeks before release they were still banging on about the career choices in the game like it was some major groundbreaking feature. What did we get - a couple of quests for each branch at the start and a handful of different dialogue options sprinkled through the game. In other words they plain just lied.

Soldato
The thing that still sticks in my throat is that its not like they over promised at the start and then under delivered after they realised they couldnt actually achieve what they wanted months and years later.. Just a couple of weeks before release they were still banging on about the career choices in the game like it was some major groundbreaking feature. What did we get - a couple of quests for each branch at the start and a handful of different dialogue options sprinkled through the game. In other words they plain just lied.

It is pretty major feature to have three completely different beginnings. Not a lot of games do it like this.

They always said that V is a MERCENARY and the lifepath is just an origin, which will then impact some dialogue options during the game and some quests.

It's like people are just making up stuff to be mad about.

Man of Honour
It is pretty major feature to have three completely different beginnings. Not a lot of games do it like this.

They always said that V is a MERCENARY and the lifepath is just an origin, which will then impact some dialogue options during the game and some quests.

There is like 15 minutes of gameplay or something before all the beginnings merge to the same point. They made a fairly big point in many of the presentations on the game that undeniably implied there was several distinctly different paths through the game depending on your initial choices which is hugely misleading versus what is actually in the game and even in the days before release streamers were presenting the game, under the direction of CDPR, as if it was that kind of game.

It is fairly obvious from the dialogue options (which basically do nothing) that it was intended to be much more like they were talking about.

Associate
I really need to pick this back up. I only stopped playing to wait for the patch(not that I really needed too). I barely experienced any bugs and only 1 crash in about 45 hours so it seems I have been pretty lucky!

Soldato
There is like 15 minutes of gameplay or something before all the beginnings merge to the same point. They made a fairly big point in many of the presentations on the game that undeniably implied there was several distinctly different paths through the game depending on your initial choices which is hugely misleading versus what is actually in the game and even in the days before release streamers were presenting the game, under the direction of CDPR, as if it was that kind of game.

It is fairly obvious from the dialogue options (which basically do nothing) that it was intended to be much more like they were talking about.

No. They made a big point that there are different paths through the game based on which playstyle you choose. But expecting completely different playthroughs based on the chosen origin is a wishful thinking not based in anything CDP actually said.

Man of Honour
No. They made a big point that there are different paths through the game based on which playstyle you choose. But expecting completely different playthroughs based on the chosen origin is a wishful thinking not based in anything CDP actually said.

Not wishful thinking on my part - I only kept a bit of an eye on the game due to a mixture of the hype and a loose spiritual connection to Deus Ex which I'm a fan of. I watched several events at shows, etc. where that was definitely the vision they were peddling along with people streaming select bits of the game near release, which were chosen and curated by CDPR and definitely gave that impression.

Man of Honour

There are three psuedo-interactive extended cutscenes that lead to exactly the same starting point for the game itself. There are a handful (just 3 IIRC) optional quests (out of hundreds) that are specific to one origin. There's a single origin-specific dialogue options in a very few dialogues and absolutely none of them are relevant to anything.

That's very different to what CDPR claimed beforehand regarding origins. Which is just one of the many ways in which the game is very different to what CDPR claimed it was going to be. It's not people just making up stuff to be mad about. It's about a game developer/publisher lying about a game. It's also about them releasing an obviously unfinished game with bits crudely chopped out and the remains cobbled together and balancing not even started. It's also about them selling the game on platforms that simply can't run it. And it's about the severe bugginess. That's not specific to Cyberpunk 2077, but CP2077 was an unusually bad example of bugginess.

Bear in mind that I quite liked CP2077 and played it for ~120 hours. I paid the full £50 for it and consider that an OK price. But it's nothing like the game it was claimed to be.

Associate

Do you work for CDPR or something - because that is a very thick pair of rose tinted glasses you are wearing otherwise. They did everything they could to imply it was three different career paths that would have a huge impact on the game. There are even CDPR invited streamer videos where they are talking about how amazing 3 totally different playthroughs will be etc etc etc.

Nothing about finding things to get mad about. I was a huge fan of the Witcher games and cant believe the same company are involved in this - on any level - either design, development or PR. Its like they literally got silently taken over by EA after they completed The Witcher 3.

Soldato

What gets me is there's soo many conversations where what you say has no bearing on what happens. Why prompt me for an input?!

Man of Honour
I don't get how they went from the Witcher games to this mess.

They certainly dropped the ball badly. Part of the problem is that they chose to develop the game development tools while developing the game, which can't work at all well. They also put too few people-hours on the game to begin with and then too many towards the end while massively overworking their employees and thus degrading their ability to work. Different teams working on different things without adequate communication. Changing goals. Unclear goals. A total failure of management. But why? As you point out, they made the Witcher games before CP2077. So they're definitely not incompetent.

I'm still hoping that they make a sequel that's closer to the game they falsely claimed to have made. I think they wanted to make the game they falsely claimed they had made. But there are two possibilities, both bad signs for another game. Either the people at the top genuinely had no idea what the game actually was or they lied about it.

Man of Honour
They certainly dropped the ball badly. Part of the problem is that they chose to develop the game development tools while developing the game, which can't work at all well. They also put too few people-hours on the game to begin with and then too many towards the end while massively overworking their employees and thus degrading their ability to work. Different teams working on different things without adequate communication. Changing goals. Unclear goals. A total failure of management. But why? As you point out, they made the Witcher games before CP2077. So they're definitely not incompetent.

I'm still hoping that they make a sequel that's closer to the game they falsely claimed to have made. I think they wanted to make the game they falsely claimed they had made. But there are two possibilities, both bad signs for another game. Either the people at the top genuinely had no idea what the game actually was or they lied about it.

I definitely feel the game didn't deserve to end up like this and I'd love to play the game it was obviously intended to be - but CDPR have lost any trust for me so I'd have to see evidence of that up front before they'd get a penny from me in the future.

I've not really played any of their previous stuff - CP2077 I was only interested in due to the loose connection to Deus Ex.

Back
Top Bottom