*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Come guys, let's give them the benefit of the doubt.
They only knowing released a broken game that they actively tried to cover up in reviews so that people would not cancel pre orders.
That's pro consumer.... right guys?

Not just that but they (whoever they were) carefully, and no way it wasn't deliberate, orchestrated how the game was shown off by streamers and influencers, etc. to make it look like what was being shown was barely scratching the surface of a much more complex implementation when in reality what was being shown was all there was (somewhat ironic) and even then some of it doesn't actually work despite appearing to do something according to the UI.

Which is one of the reasons I'm so critical.

Man of Honour
Is there any word on when the next patch/content is dropping? CDPR have been awfully silent for a good while now....

They've learned at least one thing - they're planning on no longer lying about the game, no longer saying it has things it doesn't have. Instead, they're planning on only talking about things in the game when those things actually exist. So we shouldn't hear anything about any update until that update is ready for release or at least complete and close to ready for release. That's been the case with the patches so far - news shortly before release, patch actually contains the things mentioned in the news.

So, how is this going? I only put in about 10 hours (in one sitting mind you) when it first came out, I'm still eager to play it. How are the bugs? Police AI fixed?

The bugs are significantly reduced. The bugfixes in the patch notes are at least a couple of pages. The police AI is not fixed and probably never will be fixed because it doesn't exist and never did. There is no AI in the game, nor any pretence at AI. There are only crude, simplistic, hastily cobbled together kludges to make it sort of work after a fashion. The patch notes for a patch released after I stopped playing indicates that they've re-kludged the police not-AI kludge to make it less bad. How much less bad, I don't know. I didn't find it a problem anyway as I rarely did anything that summoned the police in my playthroughs.

does it work yet?
i am on the fence is the game fixed now ?

That depends on what you mean. Does it work in the way CDPR claimed it works? Absolutely not. They were lying. Does it work as a game in itself, ignoring the false claims made for it? Yes. Apart from some skills, which are nothing but some description text with no code behind it.

Soldato
The bugs are significantly reduced. The bugfixes in the patch notes are at least a couple of pages. The police AI is not fixed and probably never will be fixed because it doesn't exist and never did. There is no AI in the game, nor any pretence at AI. There are only crude, simplistic, hastily cobbled together kludges to make it sort of work after a fashion. The patch notes for a patch released after I stopped playing indicates that they've re-kludged the police not-AI kludge to make it less bad. How much less bad, I don't know. I didn't find it a problem anyway as I rarely did anything that summoned the police in my playthroughs

The short time I did play, I couldn't do any of the random street missions because as soon as I opened fire, police would just spawn next to me and start attacking. Even though I was 'helping'. So yea, I think I'll just skip this for a while then. What a shame as Witcher 3 is my favourite game of all time and I was hoping they had their **** together for this even after a few months post release. Wishful thinking.

Man of Honour
The short time I did play, I couldn't do any of the random street missions because as soon as I opened fire, police would just spawn next to me and start attacking. Even though I was 'helping'. [..]

That didn't happen to me and I did every mission of every type. Most of them twice (I did two seperate playthroughs with different characters). So what happened to you was a bug even in the context of the police not-AI kludge in the game, which means it might have been fixed. You should be free to kill anyone with a bounty on them.

Or...were you using a weapon with splash damage? I acquired one at one point and that resulted in the magic police being summoned on me in that type of mission and also when I was roaming around killing gang members on sight, psycho vigilante style. The splash damage was hitting nearby civilians. The description of the weapon didn't mention splash damage, but it was doing splash damage.

Soldato
That didn't happen to me and I did every mission of every type. Most of them twice (I did two seperate playthroughs with different characters). So what happened to you was a bug even in the context of the police not-AI kludge in the game, which means it might have been fixed. You should be free to kill anyone with a bounty on them.

Or...were you using a weapon with splash damage? I acquired one at one point and that resulted in the magic police being summoned on me in that type of mission and also when I was roaming around killing gang members on sight, psycho vigilante style. The splash damage was hitting nearby civilians. The description of the weapon didn't mention splash damage, but it was doing splash damage.

Last I played, and from memory, I walked upon a gang trying to force entry into someone's place, clearly a crime in progress and no police around. So I stepped in and tried to take them down, instantly police turned up and decided I was the crim.

Another time, story mission (early on) by the docks, kill a dude and his buddies. As soon as I opened fire from a distance, the police did the same thing. I either had to walk into the bad guys place and start shooting or just avoid the mission. Maybe I'll load it up and start a new save.

Associate
Those street missions, you have to get in close (within that circle surrounding the star) or the game seems to register it as an unprovoked attack. Basically, if the enemies spot you before you open fire then you're fine. Quickhacking with things like Contagion works the best.

Soldato
Yep no, still a total buggy mess... Jesus wept, GTA3 had better AI than this... Uncle Roger sad now haha

I went for a quick ride on a bike, stopped randomly, bumped into one guy, he glitched out and managed to stumble back on his feet. Then everyone suddenly started running. I looked one way, looked back and they all had vanished.

I LOVE CDPR, but yea, this just hurts.

Soldato
Also shock, horror as people who payed £50 or £60 or whatever it is for a new game validate their purchase by saying it was good!

I paid full price, I even pre ordered as I often find my self doing with studios I trust (CDPR being the one I trusted the most). I even bought the hardback official game guide for the shelf... What a waste.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I see uncle is at it again :p

Got it for £35. Looking back even though it did not live up to my expectations, it was still my GOTY and well worth the money as I had a blast. It is not a black or white thing, you could have had a load of fun yet be disappointed due to it not meeting your expectations you know? :D

Soldato

Got it for £35. Looking back even though it did not live up to my expectations, it was still my GOTY and well worth the money as I had a blast. It is not a black or white thing, you could have had a load of fun yet be disappointed due to it not meeting your expectations you know? :D

At what lol? Hard for me to be "back at it" when most of the zealots have already moved on and conversation about the game has all but dried up. Because it's a flop. Of course it's not black and white and some people managed to enjoy the game, but above we were talking about Metacritic scores which are by definition generalised scores, so a general trend like "people who part with their cash for something tend to want to believe that they made a good choice by defending the product" shouldn't be that surprising

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
At what lol? Hard for me to be "back at it" when most of the zealots have already moved on and conversation about the game has all but dried up. Because it's a flop. Of course it's not black and white and some people managed to enjoy the game, but above we were talking about Metacritic scores which are by definition generalised scores, so a general trend like "people who part with their cash for something tend to want to believe that they made a good choice by defending the product" shouldn't be that surprising
Back at it as in slating it every chance you can get :p:D

Associate
You have to question why the hell they decided to release it in such a state.

The same reason Anthem and Mass Effect: Andromeda were such dumpster fires - management hubris and a mistaken belief that their burnt-out employees could somehow perform a miracle between 'going gold' and delivering the day-one patch.

Soldato
Also shock, horror as people who payed £50 or £60 or whatever it is for a new game validate their purchase by saying it was good!

Its more than playable and on the whole enjoyable. Luckily I had not watched any pre release footage and had no expectations. Thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

I paid £20 for it and I enjoyed it, I played it to the end! It wasn't anything to do with validating my purchase. I recommend a play through, it's good fun!

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Oh aye, it was the worst thing ever in every way. That's why I played it for 120 hours. That's why I did a complete playthrough, exploring everywhere and doing every mission, then did another playthrough completing all main and side missions and some of the background missions. Because of course that's what anyone would do in the circumstances.

Or maybe there are positions other than the two extremes. Like the positions most people who've bought the game have posted in this thread, for example. Have you even read any of my posts, or Rroff's? Probably others too - Rroff is just the example that comes to my mind at the moment.

You have to question why the hell they decided to release it in such a state.

Mismanagement. They made a complete pig's ear of managing the project. They had no bloody idea what was going on. They repeatedly moved the goalposts. They failed to secure and assign adequate resources. They failed to organise different teams working on different parts of the job. They made up whatever lies they thought would make the most profit. They grossly misused their employees and finally they pulled a release date out of the air and announced it without any understanding of how unobtainable it was because they had no understanding of the project. When they were finally forced to confront the epic scale of their failure, they were forced to delay release. Then delay it again. The reaction to that (which included death threats), forced them to avoid another delay, which meant cutting out everything that wasn't almost finished and hastily cobbling together something to paper over the gaps, anything to shove something out the door by release day. If Lord Sugar was judging their performance, I'm sure he would say "You haven't got a clue. Not a bloody clue".

Those street missions, you have to get in close (within that circle surrounding the star) or the game seems to register it as an unprovoked attack. Basically, if the enemies spot you before you open fire then you're fine. Quickhacking with things like Contagion works the best.

I tended to scan them, find the one with the worst criminal record and shoot them. That seemed to work just fine. Although maybe I was just close every time. I didn't do anything subtlely. Neither of my characters used sniping or much in the way of hacking other than to steal money or negate devices. The second one was a bloody nutter for most of the playthrough, crazed vigilante style.

Man of Honour
Oh thats definitely true. I didn't craft single thing in my entire playthrough.

Whereas both of my characters had a strong focus on crafting, especially the first one. I edited config files to remove the delays in crafting and disassembling so it was click rather than click and hold. A bit later, I installed batch crafting mods so I could craft x at a time with one click rather than clicking x times. Both characters had L20 crafting. The first character was wearing looted clothing-armour because of the bug with legendary clothing plans in shops. The 2nd character was wearing entirely crafted clothing-armour because by then I knew about the bug and the partial workaround of never entering a clothing shop without having at least couple of hundred thousand eddies on hand. Both used crafted weapons. The first character was a millionaire from crafting - that was part of my roleplaying for them, that they were intending to spend their life after this mess was over living off that wealth and a bit of a business making things.

Crafting isn't necessary, but it fitted with how the characters came together in my head.

Soldato
@Angilion So, should I finally pull the trigger on this in your opinion? You seem to be one of the few people realistic about the game so I'm asking.

It's pretty cheap now, is there enough fun in it once I accept it's not an actual RPG but a looter shooter in disguise with very few consequential choices and a passable on-rails story set in a pretty but skin-deep backdrop?
I've already accepted that, apparently, just because it's not GTA there doesn't even need to be any semblance of AI and all the rest of those convenient excuses:p

Are the actual mechanics and content fun enough to make up for what isn't there for someone who actually expected something more? I just want to have a decent, relatively bug-free time and enjoy the setting, I don't expect anything groundbreaking at this point.

Back
Top Bottom