*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Lots of fun trying out all the endings and if you did things right, the secret ending. Personally without going into it the Aldecaldos ending was pretty nice overall imo

Has performance improved much? Or is it a thing of just accepting it wont run great and getting on with it?

Now I've finished Mass Effect I need a new world to get lost in

going to depend on your rig, it can be punishing with stuff cranked up but with solid hardware, some smart tweaks it can run pretty well.

Man of Honour
When it comes to endings I'm still confused - everyone talks like there is no possible ending like the one I got :s

Thought it is a bit confusing because the actual dialogue through the choices doesn't actually match up with what comes after it.

Soldato
Runs fine for me on a 3080, using RTX and DLSS. :confused:

Lots of fun trying out all the endings and if you did things right, the secret ending. Personally without going into it the Aldecaldos ending was pretty nice overall imo

going to depend on your rig, it can be punishing with stuff cranked up but with solid hardware, some smart tweaks it can run pretty well.

I've still got it installed so I'll give it another go. I was getting 50-55fps with RTX and DLSS set to, i think it was, performance.

It just didn't feel smooth. My GPU should certainly be enough as it's a 3090 but perhaps my CPU and puny 16GB ram is causing the issue?

Should add it's at 3840x1600

Man of Honour
errr... I'm not entirely sure... let me google it. It probably has some sort of a name rather than me just rattling off info around it.

Edit: I played through the "where is my mind" ending.

Some overview details of some of the endings, so I'll tag it as a spoiler.

The Devil, where you side with Arasaka. I didn't do that one. I did the secret ending on my first playthrough, which is also insipid. It enables you to attempt the final mission without any help, i.e. without getting any allies killed, but ends without much of an ending. It leads into the Legend ending, which is a cutscene of you starting to go off on another job. It irritated me because I was in a relationship with Panam and wanted to leave NC with her, but you're only allowed to do that if you get some allies killed in the final mission. On my second playthrough I was in a relationship with Judy, so I did what the game demanded and got some allies pointlessly killed so I could leave NC with the Aldeceros and Judy.

I didn't much like the way the endings were handled.

Man of Honour
Some overview details of some of the endings, so I'll tag it as a spoiler.

The Devil, where you side with Arasaka. I didn't do that one. I did the secret ending on my first playthrough, which is also insipid. It enables you to attempt the final mission without any help, i.e. without getting any allies killed, but ends without much of an ending. It leads into the Legend ending, which is a cutscene of you starting to go off on another job. It irritated me because I was in a relationship with Panam and wanted to leave NC with her, but you're only allowed to do that if you get some allies killed in the final mission. On my second playthrough I was in a relationship with Judy, so I did what the game demanded and got some allies pointlessly killed so I could leave NC with the Aldeceros and Judy.

I didn't much like the way the endings were handled.

I will go back and do some more stuff, I done a ton of quests on the way about 60 hours or so and think I could probably get most of the endings. I do have a stuck Johnny quest though.

Performance wise it runs great for me, TR 1950x, 64gb ram, 6800xt playing on a mix of high/ultra @ 3440x1440. Looking at an upgrade to 3960x over the next few weeks.

Soldato
I've still got it installed so I'll give it another go. I was getting 50-55fps with RTX and DLSS set to, i think it was, performance.

It just didn't feel smooth. My GPU should certainly be enough as it's a 3090 but perhaps my CPU and puny 16GB ram is causing the issue?

Should add it's at 3840x1600

Don't think it will be your Ram unless you have loads on in background and of course 3090 would not be an issue as cannot get anything quicker for this game right now. Not sure what CPU you have but with similar, 9900k, 16GB of Ram and 3090 but even more demanding (of course not apples to apples) 4k was sitting around 60 fps or so and with G-sync made dips unotiacble, outside some park area in central plaza which hit things noticeably. I used Digital foundry settings review, could be good guide of things to tweak for some FPS gain for little visual impact and see how you get on.

Man of Honour
I played the game fine on 16GB - albeit that was mostly in a clean install of Windows 10 with nothing else installed but still. My rig is pretty average by today's standards but held up fine at 1440p - all settings ultra including RT just film grain and chromatic aberration disabled with DLSS quality.

Some people have found the game just runs poorly for them though for some reason and nothing really sorts it - just sits at around 45 FPS and stutters a lot.

Soldato
Don't think it will be your Ram unless you have loads on in background and of course 3090 would not be an issue as cannot get anything quicker for this game right now. Not sure what CPU you have but with similar, 9900k, 16GB of Ram and 3090 but even more demanding (of course not apples to apples) 4k was sitting around 60 fps or so and with G-sync made dips unotiacble, outside some park area in central plaza which hit things noticeably. I used Digital foundry settings review, could be good guide of things to tweak for some FPS gain for little visual impact and see how you get on.

I've got the model down from you, a i7 9700k. I'm quiet efficient with my PC. Rarely have lots of Chrome tabs open - 4 is probably usual and I frequently turn it off rather than sleep/hibernate. Hardly have programs running either other than the client for the game I'm playing.

Good shout, I'll check that DF guide and see if it makes a better experience for me. No doubt some settings that can be turned down/off with minimal impact to graphics quality

Soldato
Anything that you cannot pick up is worthless junk, so just ignore it.

Some of the things I cannot pick up are rolls of Eurodollars. At the start of the game I need all the money I can get!

7 hours in and it's getting really good. Surprised how good it is. Can't wait to get back in to it. Night City looks awesome so far but I've only scratched the surface.

And very pleasantly surprised at how well it performs, given how good it looks.

Soldato
Some of the things I cannot pick up are rolls of Eurodollars. At the start of the game I need all the money I can get!
You will have plenty of money eventually. Before I finished the story and stopped playing, I managed to buy every single car and bike in the game (although just barely :))

Man of Honour
Some of the things I cannot pick up are rolls of Eurodollars. At the start of the game I need all the money I can get! [..]

All you can do with the things you can't pick up despite them being explicitly marked as things you can pick up is ignore them. It's a bug without a workaround.

If you like, you can easily exploit one of the many broken game mechanics to obtain any amount of money you want at any point from the start of the game onwards. You can start from as little as a single can of pop (or the money to buy one from a vending machine) and turn that into millions of eurodollars. You could talk yourself into accepting it as not being an exploit on the basis that it's realistic that an item a person makes sells for more than the cost of the components. Although not that disassembling a crafted item somehow yields more components than were used to make it and yields components that weren't used in making it, which is also part of crafting in CP2077.

On my first playthrough, which was extremely focused on crafting, I made a million eurodollars solely from crafting guns close to the endgame. I'd maxed everything to do with crafting and custom equipment made by a master of the craft is expensive, so it sort of fitted. I did it as part of the roleplay. That V jacked in the enticing madness of Night City to run off with Panam and make an honest living making things. A load of money to get things started was appropriate.

There are a number of guides, but The Spiffing Brit amuses me so I'll post their one in their series of videos about perfectly balanced games with no exploits.

There used to be an infinite money exploit in CP2077 that was far sillier and far quicker. At any time, you could go to a place and get a junk item that you could sell for 4000 eurodollars. And then immediately buy it back for 5 eurodollars. And sell it again for 4000 and buy it again for 5 and sell it and buy it and sell it and buy it...that was patched out, though.

Soldato
It must be my RAM or CPU that's causing the issue. I keep meaning to buy 32GB but it's such an non-exciting purchase that I haven't got round to it yet

For what it's worth, I have a 9900k at 5Ghz on all cores, Asus 3090 Strix OC and 32GB ram and the exact same monitor as you, with everything cranked up and DLSS on performance. Last time I tried, 60fps was pretty much the average and it felt horribly sluggish.

I've not tried in a while though.

EDIT: Tested last night, ran around 60 fps in the centre of the city (with reflections and RTX on pshyco).

Last edited:
Soldato
If you like, you can easily exploit one of the many broken game mechanics to obtain any amount of money you want at any point from the start of the game onwards. You can start from as little as a single can of pop (or the money to buy one from a vending machine) and turn that into millions of eurodollars
You know, you don't have to spoil the game for people who are just starting to play it by tempting them to use your lame exploit guides

Soldato
I have completed recently, not a bad game and I enjoyed the 30-40 hours I spent playing, I just wouldn't call this game a masterpiece, runs really well on RTX 3070 at 1440p.

Soldato
A lot of those exploits where fixed. Access to money isn't really an issue in this game, there's only a few things worth buying once you have a car and a few mods.

Installing a few select mods fixes some of the issues left like pacing of difficulty and access to nice clothes/weapons.

Man of Honour
You know, you don't have to spoil the game for people who are just starting to play it by tempting them to use your lame exploit guides

I haven't made an exploit guide. What would be the point? There are so many of them already.

Are you seriously arguing that the existence of an exploit is in itself a spoiler? If so, why aren't you criticising CDPR for "spoiling" the game by "tempting" players with the existence of exploits?

What a silly line of argument.

Back
Top Bottom