*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
I still pre-order (rarely) when I know it is going to be a must play game for me, want to support devs to bring out more similar games and because I can get it cheaper pre-ordering.

I agree but if the price is £20 lower than on release day it starts to get into a grey territory where it's worth taking a risk.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I agree but if the price is £20 lower than on release day it starts to get into a grey territory where it's worth taking a risk.
I got mine on Steam for £35 which I felt was fair for having it on my favorite launcher. All the cheaper prices are for having it on GOG launcher which I have no interest in as I have all my games on steam.

End of the day I do not see it as much of a risk in he grand scheme of things, I have seen enough to know I will at least get my £35's worth, even if it does not live up to expectations.

Associate
Just think, if it’d had come out in April, most of us would have finished it by now. At least we’ve still got it to look forward to.
I'm still a little annoyed about this. I would have had so much time whilst furloughed to play. As it is, back at work, I'm lucky if I can find an hour a day to play something during the week.

Soldato
I find it strange as a grown adult you can't get past it, yet alone understand people making decisions differently to you.

Hit a bit of a nerve? :p
I just don't understand why anyone would pre order games now. Can't people wait until at least some reviews hit (which is usually a few days before release) then get it?
I know they don't like to hear it but people pre-ordering games are effectively encouraging developers to release unfinished games as they really have money.

Man of Honour
I just don't understand why anyone would pre order games now. Can't people wait until at least some reviews hit (which is usually a few days before release) then get it?
I know they don't like to hear it but people pre-ordering games are effectively encouraging developers to release unfinished games as they really have money.

I gave the main reason why I do, that time restrictions mean being able to preload the title in advance gives me more opportunity to play come release. Having said that, I only preorder on certain titles. Ones that I have experience of. For example, AC Origins and AC Odyssey were my games of the year in their years, so I had no qualms about preordering AC Valhalla. I guess the preload thing, combined with being able to refund the game in those first 2 hours means that its a no lose situation for me and ends up that pay £49.99 now or pay £49.99 at point of release, its still £49.99 either way.

Soldato
I gave the main reason why I do, that time restrictions mean being able to preload the title in advance gives me more opportunity to play come release. Having said that, I only preorder on certain titles. Ones that I have experience of. For example, AC Origins and AC Odyssey were my games of the year in their years, so I had no qualms about preordering AC Valhalla. I guess the preload thing, combined with being able to refund the game in those first 2 hours means that its a no lose situation for me and ends up that pay £49.99 now or pay £49.99 at point of release, its still £49.99 either way.

As to quote the other guy your an adult. Do want you want. :p
Sorry for derailing the thread.
Back on topic now............................... honest.

Soldato
I'm still a little annoyed about this. I would have had so much time whilst furloughed to play. As it is, back at work, I'm lucky if I can find an hour a day to play something during the week.

Yes that’s a good point. During my 2 months off I put over 2 hundred hours into 3 games.

Hmm reading that back I’m not sure that was a good use of my time :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So none of the three reasons I gave to you are valid at all? :p

I get what you are saying and on the whole agree, but there are instances where I am happy to pre order. End of the day there are not many games like Deus Ex or Cyberpunk 2077 and I love games like that so I am more than happy to pre order as I want more games like that and less multiplayer crap I have no interest in.

Soldato
I very rarely pre-order games.

Certain companies/developers I trust a lot more than others, Atlus (Persona, SMT etc) and CD Projekt Red are two of such and I'll happily pre-order their games.

Some games, especially story driven, have so much hype surrounding them that 'waiting' could well result in them being ruined due to spoilers being thrown around everywhere you look. Final Fantasy 7 Remake comes to mind in this regard, I wasn't entirely sure about the game but I wanted to play it on release and I'm glad that I did.

Then there's the console option, if I buy a PS4 game I end up disliking I can sell it on and get most of my money back.

90% of games I wait things out on.

Soldato
So none of the three reasons I gave to you are valid at all? :p

I get what you are saying and on the whole agree, but there are instances where I am happy to pre order. End of the day there are not many games like Deus Ex or Cyberpunk 2077 and I love games like that so I am more than happy to pre order as I want more games like that and less multiplayer crap I have no interest in.

I understand the reasons you give but I don't see how that adds up to making the decision to pre order over the negatives, does that make sense? As I said before you guys can do what you want, just no complaining on release please. :D
Getting back on topic (again :p)
I see multiplayer mentioned, is that going to be PVP or co op?

Man of Honour
I understand the reasons you give but I don't see how that adds up to making the decision to pre order over the negatives, does that make sense? As I said before you guys can do what you want, just no complaining on release please. :D

I'm 100% certain that I will have complaints on release, irrespective of whether I preorder or not, every game has its faults or design decisions that you disagree with. It would have to be the perfect game (which of course doesnt, and never will, exist) to not have something that a person would complain about. I could read 100 reviews before buying and still complain that I dont like the way the map works or the way health is regenerated or something, doesnt mean I dislike the game though just an aspect of it and that wouldnt in any way be down to a preorder or not decision. I couldnt really say that anyone who preorders loses the right to a critical opinion on the game.

Not overly interested in multiplayer for this, only interested really in the story/lore/gameworld and single player.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yea, it is subjective I suppose. It makes perfect sense to me for example :p

Back
Top Bottom