*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
What, I hadn't heard that ... who complains about getting more game ... that kinda feels like the sort of thing they might say if they were having to cut some stuff to make deadlines (as they've already pushed it back a fair bit) to then maybe turn up in a DLC later or something... but seriously, 'this game is really good, only problem was there was loads of it to play' - weird.

Agreed, it is true though people did complain it dragged on. Weird

Soldato
I think it'd be really unlikely that the game is terrible... but the risk is if it's underwhelming...

Though as I won't have built a system by the time it comes out I'll have the advantage of hopefully them fixing all the most glaring problems, but probably not wait long enough for DLCs and big overhauls...

I can't remember seeing anything about how easily moddable it'll be, if that's known at all, because things like god-awful UIs that were clearly designed for controllers not kb+m tend to really annoy me but are things folks can seem to fix ... like skyrim's wasn't great, but pretty quickly had a nice mod for, borderlands 2 was horrid but I don't think I saw any mods for at all.

I feel it's going to be a new No Man Sky, all be it a better game.
Some people are getting way too hyped for this, it's never going to meet their expectations.

Associate
I feel it's going to be a new No Man Sky, all be it a better game.
Some people are getting way too hyped for this, it's never going to meet their expectations.

Agree on the point about the hype.

One thing that CDPR have done differently to HG is explicitly say that they are delaying the release of Cyberpunk to refine it to have a more complete game at launch. No Mans Sky was nowhere near a complete game at launch.

Soldato
Agree on the point about the hype.

One thing that CDPR have done differently to HG is explicitly say that they are delaying the release of Cyberpunk to refine it to have a more complete game at launch. No Mans Sky was nowhere near a complete game at launch.

No man sky is a good comparison with regards the amount of hype the is game getting, which was the most I've ever seen for a game.
However Cyberpunk should at least be a good game (unlike NMS on release), I have little doubt about that, it's just a case of will it be the best game ever, which some are seemingly given it the title of already.

Associate
No man sky is a good comparison with regards the amount of hype the is game getting, which was the most I've ever seen for a game.
However Cyberpunk should at least be a good game (unlike NMS on release), I have little doubt about that, it's just a case of will it be the best game ever, which some are seemingly given it the title of already.

That and the fact that they’re coming straight off of the hugely successful and well received TW3 ... expectations are sky high.

Soldato
Something to consider is that some games have a lot more of a difference between min and max settings than others. PC first developers usually have a lot more difference in settings that games they have been made for consoles.

Man of Honour
That and the fact that they’re coming straight off of the hugely successful and well received TW3 ... expectations are sky high.

People look back at the TW3 with rose tinted goggles. It had endless bugs and a messy UI on release, the combat is still clunky as hell. Don’t get me wrong, they fixed much of this and the quest/story progression is not remotely equalled by anything less. Still, there’s going to be a meltdown if this game is anything but perfection on release.

Caporegime
I still haven't played the DLC for The Witcher 3 as I'm always burned out when I finish the main campaign, so I'm glad that Cyberpunk is a bit shorter. Same with AC Odyssey as well, never played Atlantis yet.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I still haven't played the DLC for The Witcher 3 as I'm always burned out when I finish the main campaign, so I'm glad that Cyberpunk is a bit shorter. Same with AC Odyssey as well, never played Atlantis yet.
Where does it say Cyberpunk 2077 will be shorter than Witcher 3? Link please :)

Associate
I still haven't played the DLC for The Witcher 3 as I'm always burned out when I finish the main campaign, so I'm glad that Cyberpunk is a bit shorter.

I've not played them either, but that's because I get this feeling when finishing the main storyline of a game that I'm then just "done" with it ... if the game had been longer or if I'd waited to get it until the DLCs were already out or something then I'd have happily played more, but I just can't feel like going back to it ... it's the reason I explore around and try to do every sidequest I can before proceeding with a main storyline in games as I know once the core bit is over I'll lose interest in the rest.

Caporegime
Ah that is sad to hear :(

I hope expansions are longer or more of them.

Then again I am the type that will go explore and not go from mission to mission to complete it ASAP. This kind of experience does not come around often, so I want it to be as long as possible.
I just hope there are plenty of ‘random’ missions dotted around that can be repeated and that can be differentiated in some way.

Back
Top Bottom