*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
One of the main complaints I read and heard regarding Witcher 3 was that there was almost too many things to do and it was too dense. So hopefully this is more focused but still allows for their trademark game design.

Associate
One of the main complaints I read and heard regarding Witcher 3 was that there was almost too many things to do and it was too dense. So hopefully this is more focused but still allows for their trademark game design.
How can that possibly be a valid complaint? Just take more time to do it or don’t interact with the bits that you don’t have time for.

It like having the nicest cake ever and then complaining that the portion size was too big.

Associate

I get TW3 catered for both parties: don’t have a lot of time? Stick to the story missions. Feeling like a completionist? PLENTY of side quests for you to do.

Associate
How can that possibly be a valid complaint? Just take more time to do it or don’t interact with the bits that you don’t have time for.

It like having the nicest cake ever and then complaining that the portion size was too big.

I hear you, but portion size is critical in catering. Like gamers, many/most people feel compelled to eat everything on the plate.

I truly loved Witcher 3, but I agree, there was too much random stuff to do even for a semi-completist like me. True completists must have been having nervous breakdowns :D

Man of Honour
I think I would rather feel that a game has too much content for me to do than feel it has too little because I can always opt not to do quest X, Y and Z and area D..but I cant create those quests and areas out of thin air if they dont exist. Besides, they do say you can never have too much of a good thing :D

Associate
I honestly never thought I would see the day of people complaining about too much content! :p

No wonder EA cuts stuff out of the main games and then sells it as DLC.

Its about a balance that fits for most people. For people not familiar with this style of RPG, they'll take absolutely everything and either get overwhelmed by a full quest log that has them bouncing about between villages / towns in a non optimised order so it feels like they're retreading their steps all the time, or just feel totally overwhelmed with it and lose interest. Another side effect is they end up overgeared / levelled for the main content so the game starts to become too easy, so they lose interest.

Of course for some people, the quest management / optimisation and being able to do as much or as little non story content as you please is a big part of the games appeal.

Personally I liked Witcher 3, though I did find the sheer amount of side quests a little distracting at times. Saying that though the stuff I did was nicely executed. I can easily see how someone could become so distracted from the main quest line that they lose interest.

Back
Top Bottom