Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Only watched IGN but fact it has or least they hinted at has many bugs is annoying but I'm very worried that the Dev forced them to use only video of game play they provided

Seems a big red flag for me

Soldato
Some of those reviews are comical. Words like “not perfect” yet 100/100? How does that work?

Just my opinion of course, but a game does not have to be "perfect", to get "full marks". Personally, I rate a game on how much my enjoyment of it was "out of a 10".

TLUO2 for example, had some frustrating game mechanics, yet, I could not have enjoyed it more if I tried, therefore for me its a 10.

Caporegime
Just my opinion of course, but a game does not have to be "perfect", to get "full marks". Personally, I rate a game on how much my enjoyment of it was "out of a 10".

TLUO2 for example, had some frustrating game mechanics, yet, I could not have enjoyed it more if I tried, therefore for me its a 10.

Yes, the game still has a surprising number of unpolished edges, and yes, there are a few small imperfections that I don't really like

Score 100 out of 100.

Might just be me but that’s a contradiction in terms, just don’t give it a score on that sort of scale if needs be but to give something such a great score yet admit it has a large number of problems doesn’t sit right with me.

A recurring theme in virtually every review I’ve read is bugs. I’ll be leaving it alone for a couple of months I think. Had enough of buggy releases for the rest of this year. (Looking at you COD)

Last edited:
Soldato
Deffo a game I’m gonna wait for a couple of patches before playing to get the most out of it.

Just finished ac Valhalla so need some time off lol before jumping back into another massive game.

Any idea when next gen versions wil come?

Soldato
Score 100 out of 100.

Might just be me but that’s a contradiction in terms, just don’t give it a score on that sort of scale if needs be but to give something such a great score yet admit it has a large number of problems doesn’t sit right with me.

A recurring theme in virtually every review I’ve read is bugs. I’ll be leaving it alone for a couple of months I think. Had enough of buggy releases for the rest of this year. (Looking at you COD)

I take your point, but for me, the scale is irrelevant - be it a 10, 100, A/B/C, out of 7 - the salient point is still the same :)

This was always going to be buggy imo, if you can wait 6 months, then its certainly the smartest thing to do. I'm not smart :p

Soldato
I’m playing on Series X from day one. Will play it again with the patch at a later date. I’m more interested in the story and it already looks pretty good visually.

Soldato
Perhaps to stop potential spoilers? Isn’t this normal practise for big game releases.
I don't recall it being practise to force a reviewer to use only footage they say.

They may say avoid certain sections etc but not say they can't use any of there own stuff at all.

Embargo etc all common I just can't recall them ever forcing video footage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom