1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by antijoke, 27 Aug 2018.

1. grant666uk

Hitman

No problem Mate. I used to be a PC gamer too. lol

2. Supercow

Capodecina

this is CDPR, there’s no charge for different versions of the game anyway.

3. Frubeling

Wise Guy

Did you just take their number score at face value, or did you read WHY the reviewer (who is known to be a turd) gave it that? Because if you read it you'd see he dropped marks for dumb stuff

4. Ryanr1987

Wise Guy

Actually curious now because I don't remember how Witcher reviews worked.

I can see how it looks weird not having reviewers show footage, if it was any other company like say a Bethesda type studio, I'd be more concerned. I think it could also have something to do with the day 1 patch?

The Witcher 3 for me was quite a leap not in technical performance but because I felt video games were in a rut, cliché plots, unfinished games, lack of reason to revisit but CDPR really delivered a game that did everything. Yeah prob wasn't for everyone but like you mentioned you could see all the aspects that made it great which is why I probably feel comfortable knowing Cyberpunk will deliver. The world, style of CP really interest me, It's weird because I feel video games(at least AAA titles) are in that same rut they were in when I played Witcher so I'm hoping this has the same affect. 2021 seems like a good year for gaming assuming no delays in titles.

5. KraniX

Mobster

One thing that worries me is by CDPR trying to be all edgy the game will end up coming across as quite immature and silly more than anything.

I'm not bothered by swearing but in some of the clips it just feels over the top and slightly unnecessary. Again I'm not offended by sex in games but there needs to be a reason for it.

And then there is the genital options on the character creator, I mean really? What difference to the game is this going to make, do I get a stat buff for having a neon pink bush?

I'm all for customisation but this is just fodder for the news rags, guarantee there will be coverage on the mainstream press within a few days moaning about the state of gaming.

That said I think it's quite funny to imagine little Tommy aged 12 firing up Cyberpunk on Xmas day with Granny watching on as he selects the best foreskin for V...

6. Buddy

Wise Guy

Bizarrely my mate's cyberpunk is set to unlock at 1830 today. His time zone is London. Mine still says midnight.

7. Mobius 1

Capodecina

Mine said 19 hours ish at 5am this morning.

8. antijoke

Caporegime

Just got my email from Royal Mail that my copy is due to be delivered today.

:D :D :D

9. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Same for me.....

10. beachBOYken

Capodecina

My steelbook has despatched, although I went digital in the end, but be nice to have the map and anything else included in the physical edition.

11. mid_gen

Capodecina

As someone who doesn't like the Witcher games, I hope this lives up to the hype!

All downloaded on my Series X.

What's the ETA on the next gen upgrade?

12. fuzzylogic

Gangster

It looks like it could be exactly that from some of the first impressions. They've tried to include options for trans characters, which is commendable, but the implementation isn't brilliant in-game to say the least. I've read a lot of the early reviews and first impressions articles and its general edginess, seems a bit clumsy, I don't think the writers were entirely comfortable with the setting they were working in.

Technically I'm not mad impressed by some of the leaked footage. I might go for it in a few months when the proper PS5 patch is implemented. The core gameplay seems to be there.

13. roads

Gangster

My copy's due today too :cool:. Good service from the game collection. I'm guessing the day-1 patch drops when the digital versions go live?

Nothing confirmed yet, and I don't think there's any point speculating considering the promises/delays with this initial release :D

14. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

53GB off disc and 43GB patch on Xbox... 2 discs and lots of goodies too.

Edit - Now changed to just under 16GB off disc and 43GB patch.

So nice to have a game manual...

Last edited: 9 Dec 2020
  15. kkelly

Mobster

Series S is defo running the one s version with no updates it seems from reddit :(

16. Mobius 1

Capodecina

I’m all downloaded and ready to go ! Think it said 101gb when I started it yesterday.

17. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Installed game size is 59.3GB on Xbox...

18. Mobius 1

Capodecina

Huh... weird. Could have sworn my ps5 download queue said 101gb. Maybe I was half asleep.

19. pitaylor

Gangster

Same on the PS4 plus another 30gb update today (v1.02)

20. Mobius 1

Capodecina

Ah I see. Thanks. Thought I was going mad.