Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
I've requested a refund for my physical copy, I think the game is cool, the story and music are great and I don't think the graphics are as bad as some have made out (at least on Series X).

But it is a buggy, crashy mess and I could put up with it but I don't think as consumers it's helpful to let firms get away with releasing half finished products.

I'd have more sympathy and patience for CDPR if it wasn't for the fact they've clearly done all they can to hide the actual state of the game, particularly on last gen, if they were honest I wouldn't mind so much.

I'll pick this up again at half the price after Xmas.

Caporegime
Everyone needs to stop pre-ordering games it’s the only way to fix the issue. This had 8 million pre orders apparently.

It is an odd thing to do (although admittedly i have done in the past - i haven't for a while though).Games never go out of stock (not in my experience), so people just need to have a modicum of self control and wait an extra day or two so they can read some reviews first. If a game turns our to be an unfinished mess such as Cyberpunk, then you can just choose to wait.

Soldato
People get caught up in the hype and the possibility of getting it a bit early this one got me too. To quote a word I learnt in another thread “FOMO”. Tbh I have no idea why anyone pre-orders digital games that’s just madness..... lol

Soldato
People get caught up in the hype and the possibility of getting it a bit early this one got me too. To quote a word I learnt in another thread “FOMO”. Tbh I have no idea why anyone pre-orders digital games that’s just madness..... lol
I pre ordered it digitally so I could pre load the game. :p

Soldato
It is an odd thing to do (although admittedly i have done in the past - i haven't for a while though).Games never go out of stock (not in my experience), so people just need to have a modicum of self control and wait an extra day or two so they can read some reviews first. If a game turns our to be an unfinished mess such as Cyberpunk, then you can just choose to wait.

This year is about the only time I have ever preordered games, wanting stuff for release of series x.

Haven't touched two of those preorders beyond having a quick look, one them gave me motion sickness and the other is a bit buggier than I'd like.

I almost preordered this, but thank goodness I didn't

Won't be doing any more preordering going forward, with only one possible exception - the next horizon game

Soldato
I just requested a refund for my xbox digital purchase, it says request under review, I presume the refunds can be for all console versions not just xbox one and ps4?

I mean all the versions are riddled with bugs and graphical glitches.

Hopefully I get refunded and then I will check it out a later date if it reviews well after bugs ironed out. Might even wait for series x version now.

Soldato
Thing is when you think about it why pre-order at all. If nobody pre-ordered the devs would have to make sure the game was good so it sold. The whole pre-order thing is a bit of a strange idea really gamers are literally giving the devs a free hand to produce unfinished crap with guaranteed big profits. We should ban the idea and make them sell the product to us.....

CDPR can apologise all they like with messages but they knew how crap and unfinished Cyberpunk was but yet they still went ahead and covered it all up as best they could. It’s profit and greed they have shown they couldn’t give a damn about the game or gamers. They have literally gone from the most loved to most hated dev within a week......

Soldato
Thing is when you think about it why pre-order at all. If nobody pre-ordered the devs would have to make sure the game was good so it sold. The whole pre-order thing is a bit of a strange idea really gamers are literally giving the devs a free hand to produce unfinished crap with guaranteed big profits. We should ban the idea and make them sell the product to us.....

CDPR can apologise all they like with messages but they knew how crap and unfinished Cyberpunk was but yet they still went ahead and covered it all up as best they could. It’s profit and greed they have shown they couldn’t give a damn about the game or gamers. They have literally gone from the most loved to most hated dev within a week......

Seriously shocking how 180 the gaming world has gone on CDPR. Wouldn't have called this a week ago.

Soldato
It’s more disgusting that very few of the mainstream press are flagging up this situation. Where is all the coverage from IGN etc slating the game and the developers. Oh right they won’t because they got paid off and don’t want to give up all their free merch that they’ve had.

Last edited:
Soldato
One too many bugs threw me over the edge tonight so I’ve deleted the game, mainly so I don’t have any temptation to keep coming back to play this tripe until it’s patched.

Soldato
How many hours playtime did you do?
I submitted a refund request earlier, not had any response yet, did you chat to someone to get it so quick.

Probably only an hour or two, I started outside the city, then completed the first mission in the city and got back home.

I didn't speak to anyone, just chose the game doesn't work and said it was full of bugs and crashes to the dashboard (didn't actually happen to me) in the comments.

Soldato
Probably only an hour or two, I started outside the city, then completed the first mission in the city and got back home.

I didn't speak to anyone, just chose the game doesn't work and said it was full of bugs and crashes to the dashboard (didn't actually happen to me) in the comments.

Cool, said similar, but played a bit more I done perhaps 2 main quests a few side missions in Watson and thats it but playtime was like 5hrs or so.

Back
Top Bottom