Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
I contacted the eBay store that I bought my physical copy from and asked about a refund.

They unexpectedly said no problem just send it back and now I don't know if i can actually be bothered posting it.

Soldato
I contacted the eBay store that I bought my physical copy from and asked about a refund.

They unexpectedly said no problem just send it back and now I don't know if i can actually be bothered posting it.

You can have it collected by the postman now. Just use the eBay return and it prints an RM label with tracking code. You can then use that to arrange collection.

Soldato
People get caught up in the hype and the possibility of getting it a bit early this one got me too. To quote a word I learnt in another thread “FOMO”. Tbh I have no idea why anyone pre-orders digital games that’s just madness..... lol
i resisted the preorder till early last week when the reviews came out. they said it was buggy yes but i thought ''bugs can be fixed'' . i didnt actually believe it was possible that it could be as buggy as it actually is :p

there's far more wrong with the game than bugs for me. so no idea where the reviews justified their scores.

ill maybe play it in the future if its fixed and cheaper but i rarely pay full price for games these days so when i do i suppose id rather they be actually top games. currently on its way back to amazon

Soldato
My copy is on its way back to Amazon. I'll try it out again in 6 months

Same, I went digital as well, lol, I thought I would keep the physical steelbook for all the extra freebies like the map, but decided to refund it, digital didn’t cost me much as used a lot of reward points towards it on Xbox, but have also requested a refund on that so hopefully it’s approved, otherwise no matter, just won’t play it for a while.

Soldato
The story is great really well thought out and different. The game is ok when you stick to the story but it falls to pieces if you venture off. The Ai is awful it just has no idea how to react to what you do. Things appear and disappear all over the place the Police literally appear in front of you. Cars just vanish and appear it really breaks what little immersion there was. The Map is overloaded with icons and you are constantly hounded by phone calls or messages. The three different beginning segments have virtually no impact on the rest of the game other than a few dialogue options. Reeves is not great his voice acting is well below the other main characters. Gunplay is erratic with no real tactics or thought involved.

Tbh this would have made a much better book or even tv series than a game. The story is by far its strongest point. It’s just wrapped up in a very below average game that even by last gen standards is dated. I really like CDPR and loved the Witcher games but this is just awful I have no idea what they have been doing for 8 years tbh.

It’s a 4/10 from me it’s well below average from what I have experienced in 15 odd hours. It starts ok but really falls apart pretty quick. Hopefully patches will fix it but it’s a lot to fix far more than just a few bugs.

Pretty much agree with all this especially the bold parts, main quests, the city feels fairly alive with npcs doing different things in the mission areas but travel off and explore and the npcs look like they are wondering around with no destination.

And the phone calls and messaging completely agree, I was only just arrived in night city and my mission log was already filled with various side quests of all these people I didn’t even know.

Man of Honour
Associate
Reminds me so much of the Arkham Knight debacle on PC but in reverse this time around. Console versions of CP a poor PC "port" whereas AK on PC was a poor console port.

When I 1st tried playing AK on PC I was so disgusted I uninstalled it. I didn't go back to it on Steam for so long that by the time I installed it again I had the full batman game library as a "sorry AK was crap."

Associate
Pretty much all of yesterday playing it on PS5, only a single crash so the patch seems have sorted that. Really pleased that's done with.

Going stealth much as possible, which made the hotel Misson really great fun.

So far I'm loving it, not far enough into the story to comment but already had a sad moment that struck me. Watch Dogs 2 completely failed to connect for me character wise but had great machanics, so far this is hitting both.

Associate
Pretty much all of yesterday playing it on PS5, only a single crash so the patch seems have sorted that. Really pleased that's done with.

Going stealth much as possible, which made the hotel Misson really great fun.

So far I'm loving it, not far enough into the story to comment but already had a sad moment that struck me. Watch Dogs 2 completely failed to connect for me character wise but had great machanics, so far this is hitting both.

I did stealth in the hotel mission too and enjoyed it. Also the sad part hit well too. Just been levelling in the city since and I'm going to do some story tomorrow. Liking it so far.

5 crashes tonight though and 3 yesterday.

Associate
I sold my copy to CEX on Friday for £36. Just checked and they are now only giving £23. Never seen a cash/trade in value dive so quickly. Still interested in getting the next-gen upgrade if/when it comes out.

Soldato
The worst thing about this whole console debacle is the fact that the CEO of CDPR said a few weeks ago that the console versions ran "surprisingly well". So he told a blatant lie. The fact that none of the big video game sites are calling him out on this shows just how much in the pockets of publishers some places are.

Don
I must admit after playing more last night, I'm really enjoying it. I played it post patch 1 so maybe that made it a slightly better experience. The graphics aren't great for a 2020 game but after tinkering with the settings it looks better, the guy who posted the control settings also improved the shooting element massively.

It cost me £45, I don't think I've been robbed. I was pretty immersed in the 'Johnny' part at the start, I'm very much looking forward to getting back on. I think the whole hype and expectation of waiting for so long has completely clouded everyone's judgment, including mine, hence why I thought I'd never play it again after jumping on for the first time, but I'm glad I did. I've had no crashes neither on the PS5, just some weird glitches but hasn't affected gameplay.

Permabanned
Assault rifles and sniping is awful on controller, wanted to go assault rifle build but the pistols are so much easier to use on controller (with the aim assist/lock)

Tried plugging in keyboard/mouse but its not supported. Shame my PC GPU isnt really up to it.

Soldato
I must admit after playing more last night, I'm really enjoying it. I played it post patch 1 so maybe that made it a slightly better experience. The graphics aren't great for a 2020 game but after tinkering with the settings it looks better, the guy who posted the control settings also improved the shooting element massively.

It cost me £45, I don't think I've been robbed. I was pretty immersed in the 'Johnny' part at the start, I'm very much looking forward to getting back on. I think the whole hype and expectation of waiting for so long has completely clouded everyone's judgment, including mine, hence why I thought I'd never play it again after jumping on for the first time, but I'm glad I did. I've had no crashes neither on the PS5, just some weird glitches but hasn't affected gameplay.

I'm the same. Had a proper go last night, managed about 3 and a half hours and really enjoyed it. Not had any bugs that are problematic, and I'm finding the story quite enjoyable so far. I only paid £39.99 for it from MS as I had £10 reward points to use.

I understand what some are saying about bugs and the previous consoles, but on Series X the game looks pretty good and it runs well enough. I don't feel like I have to refund as I'm having fun with it right now.

Back
Top Bottom