Cyberpunk 2077

Caporegime
It's criminal that the game version is anything close to 1.0 let alone 1.1, it should be 0.80 or so to reflect the unfinished state.

Soldato
It seems worse with the new patch, seems to have added more bugs, I was playing it quite happily on the previous release. So far I've noticed:

1. Hacking options don't always appear when scanning an enemy
2. When you kill an enemy they don't drop to the ground, they stay stood up
3. When scanning you can't zoom in if you have a gun equipped
4. I played the riders on the storm mission and it kills you if you don't destroy the chasing cars despite killing all the occupants
5. Pop up seems worse than before and enemy guns don't always pop in so an enemy will be shooting you with their empty hands

Soldato
Ignoring the bugs. The actual mechanics and coding will take a long time (if ever). I was considering buying it again later this year but doesnt look like I'll ever bother at the rate they are going.

Soldato
Ignoring the bugs. The actual mechanics and coding will take a long time (if ever). I was considering buying it again later this year but doesnt look like I'll ever bother at the rate they are going.

It doesn't feel that far off being recoverable IMO. Sort out the bugs/crashes. Fix the AI. Add more varied pedestrian NPC behaviour/responses to make the city feel more alive. Sort out the teleporting police and the crime/wanted system. Streamline inventory and the collection of items as there seem to be way to many trash items which clutter it up and it's unclear what you should pick up.

They have a good base to build on as the city, aesthetics and many of the gameplay mechanics work well. It just needs to be fleshed out with more features and the rough edges smoothed plus bugs sorted out.

Last edited:
Soldato
It doesn't feel that far off being recoverable IMO.
- Sort out the bugs/crashes.
- Fix the AI. Add more varied pedestrian NPC behaviour/responses to make the city feel more alive.
- Sort out the teleporting police and the crime/wanted system.
- Streamline inventory and the collection of items as there seem to be way to many trash items which clutter it up and it's unclear what you should pick up.

You just reeled off a large list which can be very different when you work a in large siloed teams. Can these updated elements be integrated back into the game without any breaking change? Sometimes it easier just to start from scratch than to patch a leaking ship.

Caporegime
Fix the AI. Add more varied pedestrian NPC behaviour/responses to make the city feel more alive. Sort out the teleporting police and the crime/wanted system.

Complex AI routines impact performance heavily and they're already in the negative performance-wise.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they do have a better AI system ready but stripped it out (just so that the game wasn't a total slide show on PS4/Xbox One), with a view to adding it to next gen later.

Soldato
Downloaded patch started game and crashed back to the Xbox dash. Think I might wait for the next one....lol

Did you close the game down to make sure Quick Resume wasn't interfering with the patch update? It might have saved the state to the quick resume store and updating the fame could have broken the loading.

Soldato
It’s even more of a mess now. I managed about half hour and have given up again. I think CDPR are going to struggle to pull this back tbh.
Yes ! I came across more bugs post patch than before.

I wanted just a little hope with this, a few ai tweaks or maybe even a few more shops open, just a little something tangible to show their making good progress but they don't seem to care despite their grovelling videos.

Man of Honour
I just can't see the next gen patch dropping this year. They fix one thing and break many more in the process. They have a huge job ahead of them. They have no choice but to fix it though or they can forget any future releases.

Soldato
Now that they have fixed some reload big that j was having where I couldn't reload any guns - The only issues I'm having is in occasion enemies will notice me but just not attack.

Soldato
I find it funny that you can get to places where you shouldn't be able to, get to see a lot of stuff that you shouldn't like floating buildings and false floors because you aren't meant to be that close to them. I'm using the charged jump and manoeuvre system to do a charged jump double dash and then jump, you can basically go anywhere.

Also using the legendary ping makes you like a god being able to hack through walls or use a power weapon to shoot everyone.

Associate
I now have a series X. Whenever I try and set video mode to Quality I cannot exit the menu! What a ridiculously annoying bug. Loving teh performance mode though and a nice visual uplift over the One X version.

Back
Top Bottom