Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
I actually pre-ordered - but returned it unopened for a full refund.
I'll bite at £9.99 and put it away for the PS5 version. Although certainly a game I was interested in, I don't suspect I'll be playing this one for at least a couple of years.
I want a fixed PS5 experience.

Soldato
I actually pre-ordered - but returned it unopened for a full refund.
I'll bite at £9.99 and put it away for the PS5 version. Although certainly a game I was interested in, I don't suspect I'll be playing this one for at least a couple of years.
I want a fixed PS5 experience.

That's how i feel, sadly i imagine that by the time it's fixed to a decent level, it'll feel quite old and have been superceded.

Soldato
How is the game with the recent patches? I tried for a while at launch on my Series X but refunded as it was spoiled with all the jank.
Open world games are always going to be janky, it's the nature of the type of game they are. It's absolutely playable on XSX but there's nothing wrong with waiting for the next-gen update either.

Soldato
I'm playing on PS5 and enjoying it, game is stable, I've not had a single crash yet but I'm only about 10 hours in.

Seen a few clipping issues but that's about it so far, but don't think I'd want to try this on a PS4.

Soldato
Had a few more bugs, I have the brain dance controls stuck on screen from part of the main quest, reloaded the game and they still haven't gone. Don't really want to have to back track to an earlier save so might try firing another brain dance up and seeing if when I exit that clears it.

Just overwhelming the volume of quests and stuff that gets chucked at you, I'm still a novice but have a massive to do list. I'm all for an open world but CDPR need to learn about pacing.

Just discovered blades, oh man they are great, just running around like a loon with a katana... Gonna have to try mantis blades next.

Soldato
Interested in getting this as I just picked up a XSX. Am I correct in saying that there is a future update patch coming out for the XSX and should wait till that’s come out?

Depends how keen you are to play it, if you are happy to wait I'm sure it will be in a better state the longer you wait.

I've said it a million times already but the next gen update won't fundamentally change the game, you'll be getting better textures and probably ray tracing, basically the PC version, but hope I'm wrong.

Soldato
Are there larger patches due in future? I remember seeing some were disappointed with the last patch, the little it offered.
I might restart this. I keep loading it up and then getting bored within 5 mins not really knowing what I'm supposed to be doing. Need to start from the beginning again I think and try to set some time aside to working my way through it.
Overall I'm not sure it's lived up to all the hype.

Back
Top Bottom