Cyberpunk 2077

Associate
Are there larger patches due in future? I remember seeing some were disappointed with the last patch, the little it offered.
I might restart this. I keep loading it up and then getting bored within 5 mins not really knowing what I'm supposed to be doing. Need to start from the beginning again I think and try to set some time aside to working my way through it.
Overall I'm not sure it's lived up to all the hype.

I'm with you, I'm waiting on the next gen patch, I bought this for cheap a few months ago, and I've loaded it a few times just to try it out.

I'm hoping it gets the Witcher 3 treatment, as wasn't that supposed to be not quite finished at launch, then after several patches it became good?

Soldato
Difference is that The Witcher 3 was what it was promised to be from a features/gameplay perspective and just consisted of bugs and a poor ui, whereas if you ignored the bugs with Cyberpunk, they haven’t delivered on tons of the features that were supposed to be in place. So all you’ll get is a playable but unfinished game. It will never be what was put forward over the years, it will just be less buggy.

Side question but have they even got the same number of developers etc working on it now, or have they (as I suspect) been moved on to other projects? That in itself would indicate the future of the game…

Soldato
Yeh was going to say witcher 3 still played well at launch like all the gameplay components were there and as expected.

They can fix all the bugs in 2077 and the actual gameplay will still be a mess.

I watched the e3 demo last night, oh boy that was a wild ride of what could have been.

Associate
Maybe it is just me but I have enjoyed CP2077 more than Witcher 3. For me part of problem is Witcher 3 was maybe less hyped but delivered what was promised?
CP2077 was overhyped to absolutely ridiculous levels and didn't deliver what was promised so before we even start the game the daggers are out. Had there been little hype I am sure this game would not have been criticised any where near as much as it is. SO even though IMO, CP2077 may have under delivered, what was delivered has provided a better gaming experience than what I have had with Witcher 3.

Associate
Ah I see, I dabbled with the Witcher 3 on the PS4, but actually completed it on the Switch (great for the 1 hour commute!) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bit disappointing that they haven't delivered on all the promised features it seems, but to be honest, I never followed the development or the hype, so I'll be going in cold, and the features that are missing I won't really know about.

I'm like that with all the games I'm interested in, didn't follow LoU2, GOT, etc, I just wanna go in fresh because I know they've delivered in the past.

Soldato
I'm convinced people just "want to love" this game, no matter the cost. Almost afraid to admit it has failed to deliver on all levels.
A lot of people bigged this up during development. A lot of people pre-ordered even though the usual "please, don't ever pre-order a game" warnings were thrown around.
Yet people still want to defend it.
When I read in a thread "Well I played it through without any problems" I know that person is a liar - but why? You owe the developers nothing, you owe your fellow gamer the truth - it's almost as if lying to yourself makes the game "better" somehow.
Anyway, I'll go back to lurking this thread - I picked it up for £13.50 I think it was the other day and it'll sit in the cupboard until the PS5 version is released.

Permabanned
I'm convinced people just "want to love" this game, no matter the cost. Almost afraid to admit it has failed to deliver on all levels.
A lot of people bigged this up during development. A lot of people pre-ordered even though the usual "please, don't ever pre-order a game" warnings were thrown around.
Yet people still want to defend it.
When I read in a thread "Well I played it through without any problems" I know that person is a liar - but why? You owe the developers nothing, you owe your fellow gamer the truth - it's almost as if lying to yourself makes the game "better" somehow.
Anyway, I'll go back to lurking this thread - I picked it up for £13.50 I think it was the other day and it'll sit in the cupboard until the PS5 version is released.

Sorry but this is just drivel. Literally played through the Series X version totally fine and enjoyed 99% of it, had some minor issues but nothing of note. This isnt to say there are no issues but you are just going full potato in the opposite direction.

Even bought it on PC(£13 bargain) to play with RTX and its also good.

That said I paid no attention to pre hype/didnt watch any videos.

Soldato
Sorry but this is just drivel. Literally played through the Series X version totally fine and enjoyed 99% of it, had some minor issues but nothing of note. This isnt to say there are no issues but you are just going full potato in the opposite direction.

Same playing it perfectly fine on series x, I guess it was the ps4 and xbox one that had the main bulk of performance issues, bugs aside.

Game has issues and it was hyped up way to much by people, especially the developer, all the advertising, and weekly videos promoting the game, and it didn't live up to it.

Still Im enjoying it myself.

I kind of wish they just delayed it for a later release, and made it for next gen consoles only and maybe it would have lived up to the hype, unfortunately it was in development way before the next gen consoles were around.

Permabanned
Same playing it perfectly fine on series x, I guess it was the ps4 and xbox one that had the main bulk of performance issues, bugs aside.

Game has issues and it was hyped up way to much by people, especially the developer, all the advertising, and weekly videos promoting the game, and it didn't live up to it.

Still Im enjoying it myself.

I kind of wish they just delayed it for a later release, and made it for next gen consoles only and maybe it would have lived up to the hype, unfortunately it was in development way before the next gen consoles were around.

A delay would have been beneficial yeah. Thinking not paying much attention to pre hype was beneficial.

People who claim its a completely broken piece of trash or similar are just silly though. :)

Associate
I'll play it again after the next gen patch comes out, play a lady and different back story but tbh there isn't much pulling me to it for a another play through.

Soldato

Sorry - I just do not believe you.
Won't go into any arguments, we obviously have different ideas of what is acceptable.
If you're telling me you've played all the way through the game without a single mission going wrong, without some glitches and graphical issues and without the game crashing once, I say you're fibbing - simple.
You say you aren't - impasse met.
What the f you mean by "full potato" I don't know - obviously youff talk.

Permabanned
Sorry - I just do not believe you.
Won't go into any arguments, we obviously have different ideas of what is acceptable.
If you're telling me you've played all the way through the game without a single mission going wrong, without some glitches and graphical issues and without the game crashing once, I say you're fibbing - simple.
You say you aren't - impasse met.
What the f you mean by "full potato" I don't know - obviously youff talk.

What I said is this, "Literally played through the Series X version totally fine and enjoyed 99% of it, had some minor issues but nothing of note."

Also currently playing through on PC and the same, some minor glitches is all. Its far from perfect but you have gone way further than justified in criticising it is all. :) Despite the bugs there is lots to enjoy.

Associate
I've ben putting off buying this on PC for a while now. Seen it for sub £20 a couple of times but talked myself outta it. For me, it feels like a console game (Sit back on couch and chill) and since it runs reasonably well on PS5 I may finally pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom