Cycle to work scheme...halfords

Soldato
So I found out my work does a cycle to work, Got 550 quid credit and took it to halfords, Got a nice voodoo mountain bike, nice specs for the money. Got it home and found the forks... back to front. Great time to learn how take the forts apart I guess, Fixed those and took it for a 4 mile trip, Came home and the front disc is grinding into the pad, looks like its wrapped maybe? but that seems rather too soon for that, Also my gear changes seem really off but I can't tell if its the new cable bedding in while I ride it or halfords have no idea what a bike is.

Soldato
So I found out my work does a cycle to work, Got 550 quid credit and took it to halfords, Got a nice voodoo mountain bike, nice specs for the money. Got it home and found the forks... back to front. Great time to learn how take the forts apart I guess, Fixed those and took it for a 4 mile trip, Came home and the front disc is grinding into the pad, looks like its wrapped maybe? but that seems rather too soon for that, Also my gear changes seem really off but I can't tell if its the new cable bedding in while I ride it or halfords have no idea what a bike is.

Take it back?

Soldato
OP
Bus wont let me take it and we haven't had trains here for 30 years :p I live in the scottish highlands. I do have a local bike shop am going to take it in and see.

Associate
Bus wont let me take it and we haven't had trains here for 30 years :p I live in the scottish highlands. I do have a local bike shop am going to take it in and see.
The local bike shop will have your gears indexed in a minute or two especially on a new bike with fresh parts (a 4 mile ride won't stretch the cable). I honestly had to google backwards forks to see how incompetent some "mechanics" can be. :eek:

Man of Honour
I honestly had to google backwards forks to see how incompetent some "mechanics" can be.

People don't give a **** any more - if they ever did. My uncle bought some cabinets - 2 out of 5 parts weren't even glued together (which would have been done by hand not machine) and missing parts. Took them back and one of the replacements was the same.

Back
Top Bottom