Cycling Documentaries

Soldato
I watched 'Lance' (Part 1) last night in iPlayer and found it very interesting. Today I watched 'Geraint Thomas: Let The Road Decide' (also iPlayer) and really enjoyed that too. Some time back I watched 'Icarus' and found that fascinating too... so I was wondering, what other cycling documentaries are there out there? (And how can they be watched)

FULL LIST

Lance (2 Parts - 3hrs 22) - iPlayer
Geraint Thomas: The Road Will Decide (58mins) - iPlayer
Icarus (2hrs) - Netflix
A Sunday in Hell (1hr 51) - YouTube
Pantani (1hr 36) - Amazon (£££)
Slaying the Badger (1hr 19) - ESPN (£££)
Tour de Pharmacy (39 mins) - Amazon (£££)
For the Love of Mud - Independent (£££)
Bradley Wiggins A Year in Yellow BSkyB (1hr 7) - YouTube
Time Trial (1hr 18) - iPlayer
Inspired to Ride - Amazon (£££)

Last edited:
Soldato
One day In hell.
Pantani
The earlier lance doc (I forget its name)
Slaying the badger
Tour de pharmacie :D(good comedy this)
For the love of mud

Soldato
OP
Thanks. Trying to find 'Slaying the badger' as somewhere it says its on Netflix, but I can't find it, but it has suggested 'The Least Expected Day' about the 2018 Movistar team, so I guess I can add that one to the list.

Permabanned
David Millar - Time Trial

Spotted this on the iPlayer too but haven't watched it yet, finished Lance Part 1 last night and will watch part 2 this evening / tomorrow. Then I'll be watching the Geraint Thomas one.

Soldato
David Millar - Time Trial

Spotted this on the iPlayer too but haven't watched it yet, finished Lance Part 1 last night and will watch part 2 this evening / tomorrow. Then I'll be watching the Geraint Thomas one.

Found this a bit meh, not sure what your thoughts were? A few really interesting insights into Millar's career and the peloton in general but also some really overlong scenes that didn't add much, a soundtrack that was intrusive more than anything, and the blurry POV camera just made me motion sick. It also felt weird that the documentary wanted to tell the story of his ban and return when he was clearly unwilling to talk about it again.

I get that his non-selection for the Tour probably put a spanner in the works, but felt like there was a more interesting film in there.

Permabanned
Found this a bit meh, not sure what your thoughts were? A few really interesting insights into Millar's career and the peloton in general but also some really overlong scenes that didn't add much, a soundtrack that was intrusive more than anything, and the blurry POV camera just made me motion sick. It also felt weird that the documentary wanted to tell the story of his ban and return when he was clearly unwilling to talk about it again.

I get that his non-selection for the Tour probably put a spanner in the works, but felt like there was a more interesting film in there.

Not watched it myself yet, it's one of the next on the list. I don't blame him for not wanting to talk about his doping again though, he's covered it really well and honestly in one of his books already and I like to think he's done a decent job of redeeming himself since.

Edit:

If you haven't already I think both of his books are well worth a read. Racing Through The Dark in particular I really enjoyed.

Soldato

Pretty much match my feelings on Time Trial. However his book which mainly focuses on his last year I really enjoyed. Think it's The Racer.

The Program is probably worth watching as well, though not a documentary.

Back
Top Bottom