D-15 Noctua availability(and lack thereof)

Associate
Looking to bite the bullet on a new CPU and motherboard very soon and i have my heart set on a d-15 chromax to go with it due to my current cooler(alpenfohn Brocken3) not being up to the job, and I am assuming due to the 'human malware', all the D-15 variants seem to be sold out across the board.

Do we have any sort of idea of an ETA for a restock? If it will be a while I am open to suggestions any similar specced high end cooler, not going down the AIO/watercooling route for multiple reasons so only looking for air.

Associate
OP
To the OP, the bequiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro and Thermalright Silver Arrow are comparable in performance to the D15 and lower cost as well.
thank you, did have my eye on the dark rock pro but seems to be the same stock problem as the Noctua's, as for the silver arrow I don't even see it on the shop site, but will have a look round.

Soldato
To thread starter.
There are many coolers equal to D15, including NH-D14, all Thermalright Silver Arrow varients, HR-22, Le Grand Macho TRUE Spirit 140 Power, Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Silverstonetek HE-01, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 & 4, Cryorig R1, Scythe Fuma 2, and the list goes on and on and on. Make sure the case you choose has good airflow and also make sure it has good high pressure fans. Most come without enough and/or really bad fans.

Associate
OP
To thread starter.
There are many coolers equal to D15, including NH-D14, all Thermalright Silver Arrow varients, HR-22, Le Grand Macho TRUE Spirit 140 Power, Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Silverstonetek HE-01, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 & 4, Cryorig R1, Scythe Fuma 2, and the list goes on and on and on. Make sure the case you choose has good airflow and also make sure it has good high pressure fans. Most come without enough and/or really bad fans.

and virtually all of those are not available on overclockers either through stock availability or not selling them at all, hence the original question about restocking, and yes i agree with your point about the fan quality, hence my leaning towards Noctua when they are available, I have seen a few videos recently about the new Zalman coolers and their good performance, but the proprietary fan mountings are a massive concern for me.

Soldato
and virtually all of those are not available on overclockers either through stock availability or not selling them at all, hence the original question about restocking, and yes i agree with your point about the fan quality, hence my leaning towards Noctua when they are available, I have seen a few videos recently about the new Zalman coolers and their good performance, but the proprietary fan mountings are a massive concern for me.
I was referring to airflow through case. Stock case fans are often not good and/or not enough of them. If case isn't flowing more air through case than components are using, then compoents mix their heated exhaust into air case fans are supplying and end up using air much warmer than room, especially when both CPU and GPU are working hard. When this happens in case without good airflow the air temp entering coolers can easily be 15c, even 20c hotter than in room. If you are interested, the link below is to basic guide about how airflow works and how to optimize case airflow:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-i-put-my-temp-sensor.18564223/#post-26159770
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Associate
OP
I was referring to airflow through case. Stock case fans are often not good and/or not enough of them. If case isn't flowing more air through case than components are using, then compoents mix their heated exhaust into air case fans are supplying and end up using air much warmer than room, especially when both CPU and GPU are working hard. When this happens in case without good airflow the air temp entering coolers can easily be 15c, even 20c hotter than in room. If you are interested, the link below is to basic guide about how airflow works and how to optimize case airflow:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-i-put-my-temp-sensor.18564223/#post-26159770
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have a Meshify C with x2 Corsair ML 140mm for intake and x2 Fractal stock 120mm fans for exhaust and have removed the foam padding from the front of the case to further improve airflow as dust is not really an issue for me to clean out. Case airflow is not an issue though, but thank you for the link.

Back
Top Bottom