D-RAM Light on and PC won't turn off

Associate
Hello,

This morning my computer wouldn't turn on, I tried unplugging everything, different power sockets but none of that worked.

I then opened up my computer, I removed the RAM sticks and reseated them, as well as found a power cable on the motherboard that seemed slightly loose.

The PC now turns back on, but I have no output. The D-RAM LED is on, and I cannot turn the computer off, holding down the power button does nothing. I don't want to pull the plug in case that causes any damage, but now I have no idea what to do since I can't change anything while its powered on.

My motherboard is Aorus b450 elite with Team Group T-Force Nighthawk RGB 2x16GB RAM sticks

Associate
Normally I unplug, wait for a bit, press the power button to make sure there is no charge left ie no lights come on or flash, then plug it back in.

Associate
Even if you unplug it, the system holds some power for a while.
Pressing the power button when it is unplugged just gets rid of that stored power.

Associate
OP
As I've said that, while I was waiting and thinking about what to do. My computer just shut down suddenly.

The motherboard light was still on, I've got it back up but have no clue what that was.

Edit: It has done it again, the motherboard light is still on

Associate
OP
Ok, The GPU fans don't spin, so I'm thinking it switched off because they we're overheating.

Don't know if they just don't turn on until necessary.

Edit: Turned it off to check their connetion, all seemed fine. No trying to turn it back on and I'm back to square one, Won't power up at all :/

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nothing at all, no lights, no sounds. This is how it was this morning. I managed to fix that by reseating the RAM, but I think I'll give it a break for the rest of the day. I'll ring overclockers tomorrow to see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom