D5 pumpneith no flow

Associate
Hi all

Injust bought a brand new pump thinking the pump was the issue regarding no flow but low and behold same issue!

I have the D5 with alpacool res (pump/res combo)
Out going to first pump- 1st rad -gpu-CPU-2nd rad back to top of the res . The "in " of the pump is plugged

Pump is spinning but just zero flow and no where near the force it should be pushing with .

I just dont know what the issues is . Pump cannot be faulty and eveything is brand new.

Any ideas / help ? Just feels like the flow to the pump is being blocked for some reason

Associate
OP
You were exactly right mate

I decided to switch out the cpu block for the one that came with the kit ( I had bought an actual cou block)

Low and behold the flow came back with not a single issue !

Have no idea why the Alphacool Aurora XPX block wouldn't work but taking it out solved the issue :)

Associate
Is it a pwm one? The pwm if no signal going through them (when filling) will spin at like 10% I have to jump the pwm wire to a 5v molex to bleed the loop otherwise it doesn't get past the first rad.

Just seen that switching your block fixed the issue that's odd

Soldato
Is it a pwm one? The pwm if no signal going through them (when filling) will spin at like 10% I have to jump the pwm wire to a 5v molex to bleed the loop otherwise it doesn't get past the first rad.

Just seen that switching your block fixed the issue that's odd
Got a picture of how you do that?
Would be really useful
Mine does send it right round the loop
But trying to fill and bleed with such
Low flow is a pita

Associate
Got a picture of how you do that?
Would be really useful
Mine does send it right round the loop
But trying to fill and bleed with such
Low flow is a pita
Yeah it's impossible to do mine on 10%. I don't have any pictures but it's fairly easy to do. You take the pwm control PIN from the pump (pin 4) and connect it to a 5v pin on a molex connect (the one with a red wire) basically sets a 100% duty cycle on the pwm pin so spins at full speed.

Soldato
Yeah it's impossible to do mine on 10%. I don't have any pictures but it's fairly easy to do. You take the pwm control PIN from the pump (pin 4) and connect it to a 5v pin on a molex connect (the one with a red wire) basically sets a 100% duty cycle on the pwm pin so spins at full speed.
Thanks mate
Sounds straight forward
Should be able to do it without a picture
Shame I didn't see your post 2 days ago
Lol the loops done now
But will remember for next time :)

Back
Top Bottom