Dad's Wheels

Associate
Dad = Ferrari 328 GTS
Has also owned, triumph spitfires, 205GTIs (1.9 ofcourse), Porsche 944, 911 3.0 SC and a 993 then his Ferrari.

Mum = new Alfa Romeo 147

Me = New ford focus
Have also owned an MG ZR (miss it loads, got nicked. Awesome first car.)

Associate
Hmmm, well my dad drives a K reg 309 diesel with 167k on the clock with the original clutch. He has just got 65mpg out of the thing, his idea of a laugh is to see how many mpg he can get out of the crate. Apart from the obvious horrificness of the thing there is actually no rust/dents anywhere on it, its actually in good nick. It also sounds exactly like a tractor.

My mum drives a J-reg Cavalier 140k, again original clutch. Rust on the arches, strange squeaks and generally concerning knocking noises as it goes down the road. Its even worse than the pug.

Associate
OP
Zirax said:
Hmmm, well my dad drives a K reg 309 diesel with 167k on the clock with the original clutch. He has just got 65mpg out of the thing, his idea of a laugh is to see how many mpg he can get out of the crate. Apart from the obvious horrificness of the thing there is actually no rust/dents anywhere on it, its actually in good nick. It also sounds exactly like a tractor.

My mum drives a J-reg Cavalier 140k, again original clutch. Rust on the arches, strange squeaks and generally concerning knocking noises as it goes down the road. Its even worse than the pug.

Now we're getting there :)

Soldato
cymatty said:
Mum MK4 Golf gt tdi
Stepdad Vauxhall Astra van 17 tdi
Dad Ford Transit
Dad and girlfriend 2002 BMW 330ci sports Conv

LOL, and I bet I know the only one you've driven! :p

Dad - Rover 820i
Mum - Rover 214i Mk3
Step Dad - Skoda Superb 1.9 TDi

Not ashamed of any. Step dad is getting a Saab 9-3 as his next company car, dad is getting an MG ZT 190 next.

My mum COULD have bought a 200Vi but went for a damn 8v 1.4 :(

Don
My dad drives a 1996 Nissan Micra 1.0 (And can't find the indicators)
My dad rides a 1980 MZ Simpson 50cc (with gardening gloves and a 1980 open face helmet that's been dropped more times than I care to remember :rolleyes: )
My mum drives a 2001 Ford Fiesta 1.2 (And forgets to change gear)

My step-dad had a couple of good cars. A Rover P6 3500S and a Rover SD1 2600 SE.

I'm the only one with any petrol-head genes in my family. It was a sad day when my first car was more powerful and faster than any car my dad had ever owned.

Soldato
Mum drives a Maxda RX8
Dad rides a Ducati 916
I drive a Mondeo Mk3
Brother drives a Toyota Corolla
Gran (lives with us) drives a 55 plate Fiesta (not pictured)

mondeo-rx8-916.jpg

Man of Honour
-Neil- said:
Mum drives this, a Limited Edition 205 Gti (1.9)
Neil.
A genuine Limited Edition if it has full leather. Makes a change, every man and his dog with a Miami/Sorrento 205 GTi calls it a "Limited Edition" when it's blatantly untrue! The LE ones all had full leather and PAS amongst other things. Looks like a non-sunroof model too? Nice car.

Soldato
My dad has always had very strange taste in cars and drives this heap:

normal_28.jpg

I am embarassed to be seen in it and I'd be suprised if anyone can guess what it is.

My mum failed her test four times in two different countries after having had a total of 430 lessons in twnety years. She has quite rightly decided to give up learning. (She's not actually allowed to take another test in Switzerland until she has a psychological examanation as it's the law if you fail too often)

Associate
Mum drivers a 1989 Toyota Corina I 1.8
Dad drives a Chrysler PT Cruiser (Lives in the US)

Would be more embarrassed to be in my dads car than my mums tbh.

I drive a 1999 ford festa.

Che

Che

Associate
BigT said:
My mum failed her test four times in two different countries after having had a total of 430 lessons in twnety years. She has quite rightly decided to give up learning. (She's not actually allowed to take another test in Switzerland until she has a psychological examanation as it's the law if you fail too often)
Ahaha we have a winner!

Soldato
An awful Toyota Carina E.
He was asked if he was a taxi the other day by some people who genuinely wanted one - was damn embarressing. Should be enough for him to sell it, but he has no interest in cars.
Sadly its very reliable, if it wasnt he'd get a new car.

Still, I hardly ever travel in it anyway as I dont live with my parents and have my own car. :)

Soldato
Dad's car(s):
1989 Mitsubishi Shogun LWB 2.5TD
Ford Anglia 105E with Subaru 1800cc 4x4 running gear

Step-mum:
1992 Vauxhall Nova 1.5D

Mum:
2002 Peugeot 206 1.4 LX

Step-dad:
1999 Vauxhall Vectra SRi 140

Me:
Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC
Ford Anglia 105E (off the road, will have 200sx CA18DET engine by end of year)

Soldato
Fallen Hero said:
These are really nice cars - but anyone got a parents car they really wouldn't want to be seen in :D

My dad still drives a 1990 Vauxhall Senator 24v 3.0. Lovely car (although showing its age a bit now), but I'd couldn't be seen in it because I wouldn't possibly ever get insurance on it :o

Back
Top Bottom