Daft Punk are no more

Soldato
RAM I would put as their worst, wasn’t much of a fan of most of it.
Though I enjoyed ‘Giorgio by Moroder’ for Giorgio and ‘Doin’ It Right’ because I’m an Animal Collective fan and I was incredibly surprised Daft Punk collaborated with Noah.

Soldato
Homework then Discovery, then I actually like the Tron remix album. RAM i don't like as an album but do like a few of the tracks.

I tend to listen to the two Alive albums most though, 1997 is amazing.

Soldato
Real shame but I have very fond memories (albeit a little blurry) of this night - this was the Alive / Pyramid set.

Bnj27Gc.jpg

ZY80VGR

Dang, Justice, Digitalism, Daft Punk, Erol in one session, I would be ruined :D

Used to love Erol's sets at Bestival in the Bollywood tent, before the festival got swamped by those darn kids (grumble)

Man of Honour
@Zefan ah very glad you enjoyed it. If you’re after more my personal selection of Justice favs (in addition to Planisphere) are:

Genesis
Phantom pt. II
DVNO
Stress
On’n’On
Parade
Audio Video Disco
Safe and Sound
Fire
Randy

Really though that list feels dismissive; the first album (Cross) has the most bombastic belters and a glitchy sound, but the second (Audio Video Disco) and third (Woman) are both really satisfying to listen to in entirety without too much regard for the individual songs - sort of ‘life soundtrack’ albums - which blend old school disco and modern dance like Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories... but more cohesively and just flat out better. Similar to how I mentioned it in the classical music thread, those latter two albums are almost better as background music albums until you become familiar with them as they aren’t as ‘instantly gratifying’ but you’re rewarded with repeated listens (which is how I wean my ear to some classical music).

Good music :cool:
This stuff still goes very hard my guy x

Back
Top Bottom