Damaged rear surround sound amplifier

Associate
I recently bought a sony BDVN7200w blue ray player with surround sound. Thanks to a leaky roof the surround sound amplifier is damaged. It's not possible to buy a replacement, only the entire system. Is there a way of using a different amplifier with the system? Being wireless probably doesn't help.

Soldato
I very much doubt it. These things are not designed so you can just replace something. 'Secure link' is mentioned in the manual, so that pretty much confirms nothing else but the unit designed for it will work.

Last edited:
Caporegime
i had this issue with a hi-fi. once the cd player broke i started using aux, then the amp died and the whole thing was then useless.

much better off with seperates as these types of systems do have a shelf life whereas speakers will last forever so long as they aren't abused.

e.g. it doesn't matter if 4k, then 8k, then 16k comes along i can still use the same speakers. i just need to upgrade my amp every 5 years or so to keep up to date with the latest tech.

so for me passive speakers are much better than active systems. unless you go in knowing you will need to replace the whole lot after a few years. e.g. i got some roth oli powa II's for my kitchen. i know it will die 1 day and effectively need to bin it, even though the speakers themselves may be fine.

Back
Top Bottom