Damn & blast watercooling!

Associate
pc-guy said:
my experience with the barbs and jubilee clips are bad! QUOTE]

and also for the push-fit bad experiences as above.

Noobology.

bad worksman always blames his tools.

If you know what you are doing then all methods are ok.

Short-cuts and stupidity are lethal.

All methods work and are tried and tested, if you have problems you are a minority. Read more tips and reviews.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but to favour one type of connection over another on someone elses bad experience is silly.

Both done correctly work well...simple as... :D

Performance and flow restriction are a completely different topic.

Man of Honour
quite a funny thourght what ya put in your post, you putting your system in pushing the power switch and like thames water pipes bang a pipe bursts lol i can just see it :) but im sorry to hear it. like said put it in airing cupboard for as long as you can! and dont turn it on till your confident there is no moisture at all.

Soldato
next time, connect up the watercooling in your case attach it to all your components, BUT leak test again with a hot-wired psu. this way if you have a leak no power is going to your mobo etc.

however good luck!

daven

Associate
Always use screw-on jubilee clips in my opinion. I wouldnt trust anything else with the pressure that pumps put out. If you dont like the look of them simply put some heat shrink over the top.

Wise Guy
Soldato
ichabod crane said:
quite a funny thourght what ya put in your post, you putting your system in pushing the power switch and like thames water pipes bang a pipe bursts

It's happened to the best of us.

If that made you laugh, i would love to see the state you would be in if i told you about a mate dropping his Mobbo,CPU and GFX card in the sink (which was full with water) :D

But that's a different kettle of fish, or sink full of components, one or the other :p

Don
Bundles said:
If that made you laugh, i would love to see the state you would be in if i told you about a mate dropping his Mobbo,CPU and GFX card in the sink (which was full with water) :D

that'd be me!

i left it balancing gingerly on the edge of the sink as i went to answer the phone, when lo and behold my dog ran in, and nudged the chair they were on and plop, in they went

i was taking a booking for my mum's caravan site, and heard the commotion, i had to wait like a minute before i was able to run in to see what had happened

3 weeks later of praying, waiting and airing cuboarding and it all worked fine!

cpu, ram, motherboard and graphics card, this was a few years ago now, but they all still work and are used everyday

:o

just put them to dry and be very patient..

mine wasn't de-ionised water, it was tap water, and the sink is pretty stinking too, its the sink we'd use to wash dog poo off your shoes in..

Soldato
Have had my own pressure washer like incident....

two 1250's in serial, so quite a lot of pressure....
Plexi cracked on cpu block (straight after two pumps), came out the crack like a pressure washer, all onto the window of the pc! Was like looking at the inside of a washing machine!

Rinsed it all off with pure distilled water same day (as the water in the loop had some additives and I wanted to be sure they were all gone), air dried it for a few days... Works fine still :) (in brothers PC now as I upgraded).

Cya,
Sam C

Wise Guy
Soldato
My nasty one was just overtightening a hosegrip, it squished the hose oval. it was fine for a few days then the same as above, pressure washer onto my mobbo, down the mobbo, onto the gfx card then onto the PCI slots and the base of my case.

Hairdryer, airing cupboard for a few days, rebuild, sorted :)

bledd. said:
that'd be me!

i left it balancing gingerly on the edge of the sink as i went to answer the phone, when lo and behold my dog ran in, and nudged the chair they were on and plop, in they went, cpu, ram, motherboard and graphics card, this was a few years ago now, but they all still work and are used everyday

Never fails to make me chuckle tbh bledd me ole mucker. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom