1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date Mates...:eek3d:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theleg, 11 May 2006.

1. theleg

Capodecina

So I was talkin to some girl last night, gettin on pretty well and she asks me if i wanna be date mates...Ive never heard of a date mate before so she explained....badly :o So I looked it up on the net when i got home...

Im not quite sure what to make of it :o but I agreed to it and I guess we will see how things go...I have no idea how people manage to keep it non sexual and non emotional.

Have you lot heard of this kind of thing? Would you go for it?

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200511/200511110013.html

2. Phantom

Sgarrista

i dont think the british could cope with that - most are emotionally unbalanced... and GD would be flooded with "oh i've fallen in love but he/she only wants to be friends" threads.

conclusion: move to korea :p

3. VeNT

Capodecina

wow, what a cool idea!

4. G|mp

PermaBanned

Let me get this right............

You can cuddle them whilst watching chick flicks

But if you try and have a mess your in the dog house

That my friend is a normal man/woman relationship

5. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

so basically friends that cuddle, i already do that when i watch films with lasses

6. Kell_ee001

Capodecina

It's the ideal situation for all those guys who fancy their female friends and told "I don't want to risk our friendship"! :p

7. Zefan

Don

manslag!

8. Bakedgoods

Capodecina

What the ****.

9. Wryel

Wise Guy

So you go on dates, stay in and don't have sex.

Sounds like marriage.

10. Ukadder

Wise Guy

I always give my female friends a cuddle and kiss anyway. Datemate sounds terrible imho!

11. Tru

Mobster

That's kind of weird, I'm not sure how it would work because I'd automatically want to seduce an attractive girl that was good company.

also, there's a filthy cuss word in that quote, which has offended me greatly :(

12. Psyk

Sgarrista

If there's no romantic/sexual contact, I think I'd rather my datemate was a man. I don't see any reason for it to neccessarily be the opposite sex.

13. Garrett

Soldato

I think the blokes will end up fustrated that they can't bonk their datemate.

And women will end up fustrated that they don't have any male comittment in their lives.

Where exactly do you draw the line, huggings ok, but what about grabbing a boob or a bum??

Sounds interesting though ;)

14. Zefan

Don

The view.

15. geeza

Banned

lol.

this date mates thing sounds awefully gay. cant you just have a **** buddy? and that should have been your reply to her :)

16. Le_Petit_Lapin

Capodecina

I prefer ****buddies myself.

Straight to the point, no messing about and you know where you stand. ;)

so it would read:

Just hope you dont get any "nasties" down there. They kinda ruin the "clean break"....its never an easy thing to say "Sorry love, I gave you Chlamydia". (its so hard to pronounce :p )

17. Zefan

Don

I think this is some sort of silly way for teenagers to start a relationship without officialy starting to "Go out" as it's called. This is given the impression of being less of a big thing therefore is easier to bring up in conversation playfully etc. There are PLENTY of opportunities where I'd use it as a gateway to more if I knew about it.

18. theleg

Capodecina

Its clearly not the same as a normal friend..Its less than a friendship :dunno:

I dont think it could catch on in the UK because the culture is so different...Over here, everyone is unbelievably busy...Most dont even have the time to meet their friends..and most are very lonely...So this kind of thing can provide companionship without the hassle of a full on girlfriend :o

19. theleg

Capodecina

Its mainly uni students and young professionals that do this, from what ive read...people who have no time...

20. Beansprout

Man of Honour

But the 'hassle' is only in the mind....such people who think of it as a 'hassle' are such people who'd like this weird 'datemate' thing.....basically teenage anxiety being vented in a weird way.

I think it's kind of saddening really.