DaVinci Code

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
am i the only one who liked the book and thought it was good :confused:

(altough it was the first book i read in about 5 years lol)

Associate
Saw it earlier today...

I can see why the reviews aren't rating it very highly, but personally I really, really enjoyed it - a fantastic movie all the way through :D

I read the book about 6 months ago and the movie definetly matches the excitement and excellent storyline. It actually cleared some things up for me that I didn't quite grasp when I was reading through the book.

I highly recommend it :)

Consigliere
Saw it at Brighton Marina with some friends. Admittedly it was a long film but i personally enjoyed the theories and the general storyline. I haven't read the book but maybe i should ought to.

Marks out of ten, 6/10.

Man of Honour
JUMPURS said:
I just saw this on NBC that it was getting panned.
Book to film transitions rarely work. The last book to film translation i was dying to see was the runaway jury, and the film was terrible, it just didnt work..

As you are presumably a Grisham fan, what was your take on The Rainmaker? I thought that was an excellent film, one of the few Grisham movies which stuck to the script of the book fairly closely.

Soldato
Just got back and I say that it isn't as bad is it's being dubbed by critics. I'd give it 3 Stars. Tom Hanks was exellent (no suprise) and everyone was perfectly casted imo. There was something about it though that made me not like it as much as i could have.. But I enjoyed it none the less :).

Soldato
Just seen The Da Vinci Code...

... and I thought it was quite excellent! Don't understand why its been getting slated in the media. I think it was a fair adaptation of the book and it certainly made the 2.5hrs go by quickly and in an entertaining manner!

Anyone else seen it?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
2.5 hours :eek:
You would want to go do wees before you went into the cinema

And i think you might want the Music and Film forum that is 3 or 4 forums below :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
NicktheNorse said:
Thanks for reminding me how to use the forums - i started posting here when you were still in your nappies :p

I'd like to keep it in GD, gives a different opinion most of the time!

Fair enough.
It also gives more replys in here :)

Associate
Ah good, was getting worried from the response its getting from the media, arrangements with my sister to see it are still on thanks to you. (Clearly have good taste in film and tv from your sig ;) )

EDIT: [Checks other thread that he diddn't know existed because he's too lazy to venture from GD most of the time]

Last edited:
Associate
NicktheNorse said:
... and I thought it was quite excellent! Don't understand why its been getting slated in the media. I think it was a fair adaptation of the book and it certainly made the 2.5hrs go by quickly and in an entertaining manner!

Anyone else seen it?

Hey, you never said you were going! I went this afternoon...5:30. Was good though, never read the book but enjoyed the film.

Anyway...quit wasting time and get back to work ;)

Soldato
NicktheNorse said:
Music & Box Office

Currently Active Users:

artistx, Killerkebab, Origin

Only reason I went in there is because people were slating you for not posting there so I thought "maybe there are a lot of good posts to read about it". My mistake.

Back
Top Bottom