Day of Defeat: Source - Free This Weekend!

Soldato
fullfat said:
schweet, the way ive read it, i thought it was saturday it was available from, he'll just have to wait now then :D

Yeah i wasn't sure. But there's a countdown timer if you look at the "pre-load" info which was counting down to 12.01pm :cool:

Shame i can't play till after work, grrr.

Associate
Spunj99 said:
Yeah i wasn't sure. But there's a countdown timer if you look at the "pre-load" info which was counting down to 12.01pm :cool:

Shame i can't play till after work, grrr.

hehe, ill let him know, i cant see for myself as ive got the full thing and he is waiting for it to go live

/edit, its not working for him anyways, the timer has hit zero but its not letting him play

Last edited:
Soldato
timer has been at zero for 45 minutes now, launch button it enabled but clicking it does nothing, maybe we have to wait until the advertised 12pm PST which is what? 8pm GMT?
if so that sucks, but hey, cant complain, it is free after all.
just gonna keep trying every now and then.

Associate
tntcoder said:
guess we have to wait another 7 hours till 12pm PST, my launch button dosnt do anything even though the timers at 0.

yeah, have to wait im afraid, they didnt put the timer in any other timezone setting apart from PST.

im up for hijacking a server later, what shall we do? post here with the name of the server or what?
:)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Drum said:
What you have to remember as with the old Dod, custom maps are appearing all the time! Have a look at 907th and DoD Christain Solders .

907th have 38 maps for download and all install automatically. So preload before the weekend and get onto the servers quicker and make the most of you free weekend....Happy fragging.... :)

Thanks for the link dude. I downloaded about ten of the 907 maps and am ready and waiting. Links bumped for all those that don't read back. ;)

Associate
Ah yeah I just skipped over those.
Will get downloading them now.
Bit disappionted though just got back from work and was hoping to get some practice in before my pings go up this eve, am hoping they drop early tonight so I can get on there as soon as poss.

Man of Honour
OP
I think I originally read it wrong, but it'll likely be 8pm tonight that it's going to be released, as it's 12:00pm PST, which would be mid-day.

PCT is 8 hours behind GMT, so it'll be 20:00 tonight that it should work.

Soldato
brilliant game , our clan has its own server wich is allways full (32 players)

Game-Monitor
IP: ***********
Game: Day of Defeat: Source
Players: 30 / 32
Average: 14.16 / 32
Map: dod_kalt (112)
Month Uptime: 99.3597%

Associate
Roughneck said:
brilliant game , our clan has its own server wich is allways full (32 players)

Game-Monitor
IP: ***********
Game: Day of Defeat: Source
Players: 30 / 32
Average: 14.16 / 32
Map: dod_kalt (112)
Month Uptime: 99.3597%

let us know the server and im sure we will all ram raid on there tonight, ill join you now though hehe.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Am setting me alarm on my phone right now. Done.
Expect a madman to dash across your screens zig zagging and spraying like an over excited dog on heat.
Am looking forward to a bit of madness free of any stats. I love the engine and loved Source but have been lost in a 6 month love affair with BF2.
I hope this grabs me. I am well prepared with all the essentials my end its Friday ( i think ) i am pre-downloaded i have maps i am in my preferred state of mind all feels good for some mindless violence slaughter and mayhem. :D

Lets Av it. :p

Associate
malc30 said:
Expect a madman to dash across your screens zig zagging and spraying like an over excited dog on heat.

get in line boyo! :p

i know what you mean about bf2, that felt like a fulltime job, this feel like a day off, no stats or owt to worry about, just out and out fun.

Back
Top Bottom