Day of Defeat: Source - Free This Weekend!

Man of Honour
OP
VeNT said:
check your rates Fozzy,

Problem is, if there's so many new people about, then you'll have a very very high percentage of people with dodgy default rates.

But it's probably the best suggestion. And make sure you connect to a proper dedicated server in the UK.

Underboss
DaveyD said:
Problem is, if there's so many new people about, then you'll have a very very high percentage of people with dodgy default rates.

But it's probably the best suggestion. And make sure you connect to a proper dedicated server in the UK.

it was fine for me when i connected to a jolt server, smooth as ailk, even on the default video settings! 2x anti-laising etc all HIGH detail

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Well i played it for an hour and it looks great i must say but unfortunetly the server i was on was full of complete utter ****tards. Totally ignorant and teamkilling each other for a laugh. Then abusing each other all hilarious fun when your team is over run and the round is over in about 1 minute. :rolleyes: In this time i killed 2 dudes got shot respawn found them again and it was end of round. Rinse and repeat for 55 mins.
I can say that once again my gaming experience was spoilt by idiots who have no idea on how to promote the game they play to noobs.
I tried 2 servers and both were the same one team together and the other getting slaughtered. On either team winning or losing it was spoilt by these idiots. If it makes me a gaming snob then so be it but really these clowns don't deserve such technology to play with. Give them a conker and a bit of string they will have the same arguments and leave me alone to game in peace.

Associate
Just had a few rounds, taking me a while to get into it. Steam has been doing some funny things but got in there eventually. Going to load up some more maps and get a drink and I'll be trying some more, not sure I prefer it over cod2 yet though

Associate
please stop somparing it to cod2.
its meant to be different, it is a great game if you can get over the fact it isnt cod2.
its probably the noobs that are making it difficlt for the new players to get a decent game going as they probly CBA to learn how to play it. stick with it though as you can have some great tussles on a map where it seems neither side will win, its pretty tough going sometimes, ill be around tonight wearing the ocuk tag :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Its not the noobs mate its the regulars. i went back on and the server i just left was full of a clan. The rounds finished in less than a minute and they were actually enjoying a totally 1 sided round. It was pathetic and how they can enjoy just running through all the flags and ending a round in less than a minute i do not know. By there comments i can only put there age at around 14.
As soon as i realised my team was dominating i switched but none of the clan did they just carried on winning rounds in less than a minute. Jeez i can barely get over the look of the place when its all over.
Is this really saticfying to them. If it is they are very sad. Personally i want a good fight/battle not a one sided ego boost to sad geeks.
Why does knowone want a fair fight these days. They seem only happy when they Know they are going to win before they start. :(

Soldato
malc30 said:
Its not the noobs mate its the regulars. i went back on and the server i just left was full of a clan. The rounds finished in less than a minute and they were actually enjoying a totally 1 sided round. It was pathetic and how they can enjoy just running through all the flags and ending a round in less than a minute i do not know. By there comments i can only put there age at around 14.
As soon as i realised my team was dominating i switched but none of the clan did they just carried on winning rounds in less than a minute. Jeez i can barely get over the look of the place when its all over.
Is this really saticfying to them. If it is they are very sad. Personally i want a good fight/battle not a one sided ego boost to sad geeks.
Why does knowone want a fair fight these days. They seem only happy when they Know they are going to win before they start. :(

sounds like a one off to be fair, a lot of proper clan servers I go on have really good atmospheres, DAUK, EVO servers etc. all have good people on and they tend to be good fights, of course on some maps certain teams WILL dominate, e.g Avalanche 9/10 the Axis will dominate and same on Anzio :)

Soldato
malc30 said:

You probably picked a bad server, i tend to stay away from clan servers as they are too competetive.

Back
Top Bottom