Day of Defeat:Source: Two new maps coming: Preview here

Soldato
Nimzicki said:
ungh jagd was awful before and it will be awful again :( Too many maps just for public play, objective based maps will never take off in clan play imo. Dont get me wrong though, happy to see some more content, hopefully the update will fix the crouching hitboxes too. :)

I dunno, I used to like the objective based maps. Made for some decent teamplay. They have changed the way explosives behave now though which sounds quite interesting...

The explosives take 2 seconds to arm, by holding down the Use key. Once armed, it takes 20 seconds for the fuse to run out and the explosive to go off - and it is imperative that you guard your target during this time, to prevent the enemy from disarming the explosive (by holding their Use key over it). To destroy each target you must complete this twice. Anyone on a team who can set charges is able to pick up explosives and any one of the enemy’s team can disarm the explosive.

also

The map that is currently named dod_jagd has a slightly different set of objectives. Dod_jagd is a timed attack-and-defend map, the objectives for the Allies are to protect their targets while the Axis try to destroy them. The Axis have three targets they need to destroy on this map and once again you need to detonate two explosive charges on each one. The major difference between jagd and colmar is the timer. Jagd has a round timer and every time the Axis destroy a target, the round timer adds another 2 minutes of gameplay. This gives a shorter round time if the Allies are dominating - and motivation to the Axis to hurry up and get the target.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom