DCS:- Black Shark English Version Released!

Soldato
So basically, if i opt for full realism and learn to fly it well, I could hijack a Ka-50 off some russian base somewhere in deepest darkest siberia and bring it home?

Associate
Anyone actually played this in Arcade mode? It seems to be heavily geared towards hardcore flight sim junkies so ocncerned before purchasing as to whether the arcade side of it is actually any FUN.

Associate
Is there any drm protection used in this version? heard that it uses securerom or something on the dvd version at least

Associate
Taken from the FAQ on the forums:

Q: What form of copy protection does the product utilize?

A: The English release of DCS: Black Shark utilizes StarForce copy protection technology. The product requires online or phone activation. If StarForce detects changes to your computer hardware/software as described below, an activation will be required. The English version includes 8 (eight) activations and 10 (ten) deactivations. It's important to note that deactivations are utilized to save your activations when altering your PC hardware/software. Before conducting a PC upgrade/OS re-install, you can deactivate the product and when complete, reactivate without a loss of activations.

Soldato
The game appears to have a PEGI rating of either 16 or 18 (can't tell from the picture) does anyone know of the reason for this, most combat sims (Silent Hunter, Lock-On, IL2 Sturmovic) have a 7 rating.

Associate
The game appears to have a PEGI rating of either 16 or 18 (can't tell from the picture) does anyone know of the reason for this, most combat sims (Silent Hunter, Lock-On, IL2 Sturmovic) have a 7 rating.

Not sure exactly. Maybe its because soldiers are in the game... and you can shoot em up with your cannon from 10 meters away while zoomed in on their face with your shkval.

Associate
How are the campaigns in this? Are they still the dull and sterile LOMAC style static missions, or have they implemented a good dynamic campaign ala Falcon 4.0, Longbow 2 or Enemy Engaged this time?

Associate
Taken from the FAQ on the forums:

Q: What form of copy protection does the product utilize?

A: The English release of DCS: Black Shark utilizes StarForce copy protection technology. The product requires online or phone activation. If StarForce detects changes to your computer hardware/software as described below, an activation will be required. The English version includes 8 (eight) activations and 10 (ten) deactivations. It's important to note that deactivations are utilized to save your activations when altering your PC hardware/software. Before conducting a PC upgrade/OS re-install, you can deactivate the product and when complete, reactivate without a loss of activations.

Damn was hoping it wouldnt have starforce on dl version, guess im going to have to pass on this game, no way im letting starforce on my system, shame :/ thanks though

Soldato
Damn was hoping it wouldnt have starforce on dl version, guess im going to have to pass on this game, no way im letting starforce on my system, shame :/ thanks though

Noises are being made of a SF free Steam version, I live in hope...

Associate

Noises are being made of a SF free Steam version, I live in hope...

Yeah in the SimHQ interview they said they are currently talking to valve about putting it on steam. No more info than that though.

Back
Top Bottom