DCS:- Black Shark English Version Released!

Permabanned
The version of starforce that comes with black shark must be a slightly different
flavour than I have encountered before , I cant see an entry in the device manager -> hidden devices ?

Anyone know if starforce masquerades as something else ?

Soldato
OP
How are the campaigns in this? Are they still the dull and sterile LOMAC style static missions, or have they implemented a good dynamic campaign ala Falcon 4.0, Longbow 2 or Enemy Engaged this time?

From the SimHQ review........
"DCS Black Shark uses what is described as Staged Campaign System, or SCS. It is somewhere between a dynamic campaign that automatically generates missions, and a linear system that plays the same way every time. An SCS may consist of several stages and each stage may incorporate several (many) missions. Each of the missions is created in the Mission Editor and can have random variables and triggers all to itself. So this is a phased system and will not play out the same time every time, depending of course, on how many missions you assign to a stage and how many stages you have. The line of battle should move back and forth depending on performance."

Nate

Soldato
Hey guys,

how do you enable the second core?

I have a i7 920 sat at 4ghz lol and its only using 1 core at 78% the others are doing nowt and feeling left out.

Runs ace btw, 2560x1600 everything on high.

smooth as. Very tricky to fly on sim mode, and annoying to fly on game mode :( canna map my throttle in game mode for some reason, but works fine in sim mode.

Soldato
OP
If you have vista, ALT-TAB, after you get into you cockpit, just open up the task manager, and set the affinty to both cores on DCS.exe , TADA! up to 40% better performance (not that you need more by the looks of things) Doesn't work on XP :(

Nate

Associate
If you have vista, ALT-TAB, after you get into you cockpit, just open up the task manager, and set the affinty to both cores on DCS.exe , TADA! up to 40% better performance (not that you need more by the looks of things) Doesn't work on XP :(

Nate

How about if you have xp and a dual core, is it already taking advantage of the second one?

Soldato

Cheers for those responses nate,

Will try them both out tonite when i get in, Received my x52 this morning, so will look forward to trying it with that tonite.

Was too hard with the ms Force Feedback Pro, the game it appears doesnt support forcefeedback and the joystick was slack, no self centering or anything, so a bit of a mission lol.

Soldato
I think BS does support FFB.;)

Will look into it.

But the new saitek x52 will probably be making the MS stick redundant now anyways lol :D

Thought i would take a punt at £60 its not too bad for it now. Surprised they havent released a new stick in the last couple of years, but then there has been a bit of a gap in the flight sim market the last couple of years.

Associate
That has to be the most boring youtube video I have ever watched lol

What do you do in the coop? How much is the game?

Those videos are not trailers or anything, they are just a little diary showing different areas of the game.

Coop mode is basicly a mission but multiplayer. You can choose to work together or not. If you want to get into that then I woiuld suggest joining a squadron/corp/group/guild/clan.

It sounds like your after instant action, this sim might not be for you.

Associate
Will look into it.

But the new saitek x52 will probably be making the MS stick redundant now anyways lol :D

Thought i would take a punt at £60 its not too bad for it now. Surprised they havent released a new stick in the last couple of years, but then there has been a bit of a gap in the flight sim market the last couple of years.

I have a x52, second hand of ebay. NEVER buy second hand of ebay :(.

They made a 'pro' version, but its not really that different from the none pro.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GC-043-SK

If you want a proper mans stick check out the Cougar HOTAS.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=11&PlatformID=5

Soldato
but as lockon never agree'd with me, im sceptical about it.

In which case I would suggest you leave it. This is LOMAC in a helicopter; nothing has fundamentally changed as far as I can tell so far... apart from the fact they've removed all the other flyable aircraft. :-/

The Ka-50 is undoubtedly a remarkable bit of modelling, don't get me wrong. The cockpit's probably worth the money all on its own for hardcore flight sim geeks. And I'm sure I'll have some fun learning to fly in a straight line... if I ever manage to take off by flicking switches randomly. :) But I've only bought it in the hope they'll eventually get round to updating the Su-27. I like my flying metal to have afterburners, not a gearbox.

It would help if this engine had a dynamic battle environment like EECH, but LOMAC/DCS is a long way from having a world which feels genuinely alive. Hopefully they'll get there one day, and that's why I reluctantly bought Flaming Cliffs and now Black Shark. After all, anyone interested in flight sims has little choice but to support the few developers still working.

Andrew McP

Back
Top Bottom