DCS:- Black Shark English Version Released!

Soldato
Good fun though, cant wait for my Track IR clip to arrive. Probably wont get here until after christmas now. Got the webcam I bought setup with the IR filter removed and in its place a small square of floppy disk. FreeTrack all setup and tested with the TV remote :). All I need now is the clip.

You bought a TrackIR clip?? Should have just made one like me lol :p.

Soldato
OP
Just been having a go at the campaign again. Dont under estimate the tanks, I just got shot down twice in a row by them. After taking out all the enemys AA + as many tanks as i could before I ran out of missiles I went in for a gun run on some bmps and trucks, one tank was left on their front line and I had shot him with a few bursts of AP from my cannon, but no he shot me down as I was picking up speed for the run in.

Good fun though, cant wait for my Track IR clip to arrive. Probably wont get here until after christmas now. Got the webcam I bought setup with the IR filter removed and in its place a small square of floppy disk. FreeTrack all setup and tested with the TV remote :). All I need now is the clip.

I'm not sure the clip is what you need in this case, as the Webcam doesn't have any emmiting LEDs for the Clip to reflect. Something like Ghosteh has made would be what you are looking for. Unless of course you happen to own a TIR3.

Nate

Associate
I'm not sure the clip is what you need in this case, as the Webcam doesn't have any emmiting LEDs for the Clip to reflect. Something like Ghosteh has made would be what you are looking for. Unless of course you happen to own a TIR3.

Nate

The clip, as in the 3 point clip that attaches to your headphones. The one that has 3 LED's instead of just reflective material. So you dont need IR LEDs behind your webcam for it to work.

Info page: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/product-TrackClip-PRO.html
Second vid down: http://dslyecxi.com/

You bought a TrackIR clip?? Should have just made one like me lol :p.

Yeah I would but I didnt want to have to wear a hat, and I couldnt be bothered making a clip or anything so I just bought it :).

Last edited:
Soldato
Any word on this coming out on steam? gf willbe buying me it for xmas. Should i hold off a week or two for steam version or download off their site?

Associate
Got my TrackIR clip today, not bad for royal mail considering it was posted on Monday and its so close to christmas.

Got everything set up and after a bit of faffing about with the settings and then a bit of flying about Im almost used to it. This means Ive been flying around blowing anything I find up and watching the missiles fly out of the pods.

screenshot005kk1.jpg

screenshot011lj0.jpg

I can now see the switches and buttons behind the cyclic as well!

screenshot008zc1.jpg
:)

Soldato
OP
Nice Pics there Neildo.

I'm actually getting to the point of feeling comfortable in the beast now. I can predict how she handles and with the correct use of the stabilisation modes I can really make her fly down in the weeds.

Was online last light, and ended up dogfighting with some Huey gunships that were protecting a base we had to attack, I was actually surprised how much I could throw her about without smashing the rotor blades together (as i used to do frequently). At the start it was like dogfighting with a He-111 in IL2, then as i got the feel of the flight director mode, it became more nimble and responsive as i became less ham fisted with the controls.

Ended up taking the first out with the Cannon, and then to show off, i blew the other out of the sky with un guided Rockets.

That said i still have lots to learn about Navigation and some of the other systems, but at least now i can fly the damn thing :)

Nate

Associate
V.nice :)

I managed to take out a hind on the 159th server last time I played, but that was becausse I got lucky with the Shkval locking on :).

Am I right in thinking the director mode is no assistance appart from a guide on the hud?

Soldato
OP
Am I right in thinking the director mode is no assistance appart from a guide on the hud?

The Flight Director mode disables the autopilot on all channels, but importantly leaves the dampening on for the channels you select.

Very useful feature if you want to maneuver quickly and a lot and don't want to fight the trim all the time.

Nate

Associate
Any tips for making an ir baseball hat? Trackclip looks expensive and I don't have a headband to clip it to anyway.

Finally managed to get the wiimote to work with freetrack, just need some pointers on which leds to buy etc.

Soldato
OP
Any tips for making an ir baseball hat? Trackclip looks expensive and I don't have a headband to clip it to anyway.

Finally managed to get the wiimote to work with freetrack, just need some pointers on which leds to buy etc.

You might wanna pick up a cheap webcam to use with Freetrack, the Wiimote lets you do this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkfx6QxLfg

Thread here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35202

Anyway there is lots of info in that thread that will be relevant.

Nate

Associate
You might wanna pick up a cheap webcam to use with Freetrack, the Wiimote lets you do this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkfx6QxLfg

Thread here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35202

Anyway there is lots of info in that thread that will be relevant.

Nate

That's quite badass, I'll grab some extra bits when I know what to buy and give that a go. I've got plenty of spare wiimotes, so I'll just set up two.

The webcam method seems to eat cpu cycles, whilst wiimotes are seemingly cpu-free.

Soldato

Theres a guy on the freetrack forum you can buy a hat from. I bought one and its pretty good. Not the cheapest though.

Back
Top Bottom