DCS:- Black Shark English Version Released!

Soldato
OP
Sorry for no input but i have to say this game is just awsome : i picked up a set of saiteks and it feels great :D

I have to say I agree, I've never flown a Sim that felt as good as this. Sometimes I just fire it up just to throw the helicopter around the sky for a half hour, it just feels so real. My favorite pastime lately is hurtling down mountain valleys following rivers as close as possible at ~20M altitude, the sensation of speed is just fantastic.

Nate

Associate
Just bought the game and am now downloading, since I figured it only makes sense for a PC gamer who is studying aerospace engineering to have the best sim available:p.

I'm just wondering if any of you are using freetrack, and if you could give me some help in what I need to buy in terms of components to make a cap. I've looked for LED's and resistors, but I can only seem to find stores which sell them in bulk, and I don't really have much need for 50 resistors.

Thanks

Soldato
My favorite pastime lately is hurtling down mountain valleys following rivers as close as possible at ~20M altitude, the sensation of speed is just fantastic.

Nate

We must have past each other on our flights because thats just what ive been doing, like you say great feel of speed when down low and a real buzz when you pull it it off correctly.

The mission editor is very close to lockons so i feel right at home for setting my own training flights top stuff.

Now in the middle of learning the Abris.

Next toy for me is trackir :D

Associate
Hi all, just a quick post to let ya know I bought this game today! Im pleased with how it runs on my system :)

I am doing the tutorials which are very good but quite long.

Dont worry though as their is a easy mode which just lets you fly around and blow stuff up :D go on get it now its very good!!

Oh and dont forget to get dcsbs_Affinity_Tool_20066 , google it as this will set affinity to multiple cores automatically when you start the game.

Oh and this is the best running game in vista so far!!

Soldato
I'm just wondering if any of you are using freetrack, and if you could give me some help in what I need to buy in terms of components to make a cap. I've looked for LED's and resistors, but I can only seem to find stores which sell them in bulk, and I don't really have much need for 50 resistors.

No need for resistors. 3xred LEDs should be powered by 3 or 4AA batteries no problem. A little extra voltage really won't harm them anyway so err on too many batteries then too few ;)

I'm using a charger pack that takes 6 of the big round batteries. It used to charge an RC plane I had. It has a resistor in the pack and just happened to output at the right voltage. But like I said 3 or 4 AA batteries should work fine too.

Soldato
OP
Too much talking in this thread....... :)
(Pics shamelessly stolen from here..... http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=32530&page=11 )

screenshot0022327590le6.jpg

screenshot0072343392ar0.jpg

screenshot0092346803ck8.jpg

screenshot0042335743gs3.jpg

screenshot0122356308vr4.jpg

screenshot0142363946fk4.jpg

screenshot0102350218zp0.jpg

screenshot0162388996vi5.jpg

screenshot0202391939ti3.jpg

screenshot0232395540rk7.jpg

screenshot0152375357pf2.jpg

screenshot0252401344an4.jpg

screenshot0292429964ss4.jpg

screenshot0282410476iv7.jpg

screenshot0382320082qi8.jpg

Original images by Kifaru

Nate

Edit:- Just saw this one, typical landing for me....

Deathfinal.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my TrackIR clip today, not bad for royal mail considering it was posted on Monday and its so close to christmas.

Got everything set up and after a bit of faffing about with the settings and then a bit of flying about Im almost used to it. This means Ive been flying around blowing anything I find up and watching the missiles fly out of the pods.

:)

I'm tempted by the track clip pro. Does it work flawlessly? What camera are you using it with? How much did you pay for the clip?

Associate
I'm tempted by the track clip pro. Does it work flawlessly? What camera are you using it with? How much did you pay for the clip?

The clip works great, it doesnt even take up a USB slot because you can plug another one into the back of the connecter it uses.

Im using the Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000, because it was cheap and easy to take out the IR filter and replace it with floppy disk.

The clip cost me £30. I went for the clip because I did not want to make my own and end up with one of my DIY jobs.

It takes a while to get used to, you have to get the settings nice so that it does not go crazy with every little head movement. If you have the money get Track IR 4, I have seen vids and it does look super smooth while being very steady at the same time. But if you cant afford it then Freetrack is still fantastic and not much of a compromise.

Soldato
Just bought the game and am now downloading, since I figured it only makes sense for a PC gamer who is studying aerospace engineering to have the best sim available:p.

Thanks

Go to a well known electronic components store, they sell individual resistors for pennies each.

Soldato
The clip works great, it doesnt even take up a USB slot because you can plug another one into the back of the connecter it uses.

Im using the Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000, because it was cheap and easy to take out the IR filter and replace it with floppy disk.

The clip cost me £30. I went for the clip because I did not want to make my own and end up with one of my DIY jobs.

It takes a while to get used to, you have to get the settings nice so that it does not go crazy with every little head movement. If you have the money get Track IR 4, I have seen vids and it does look super smooth while being very steady at the same time. But if you cant afford it then Freetrack is still fantastic and not much of a compromise.

Where did you get it from, I can't find any where that sells it. Mail in trust if you can't say here.

Soldato
Rcsimulations are very nice people to deal with give them a call and they are very willing to talk.

Like Nieldo said the site looks dodgy :D but they are fine.

Soldato
Just looked at that website, and oh god, the guy in the video on the main page, looks like a complete looser. I dunno, I don't mind sims, but If I was going to go to that much effort, of having a 'personal motion platform' among other things, to try and get the complete simulation, I'd just rather spend how ever much money trying to learn to fly the real thing heh.

Back
Top Bottom