1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DDR1 upgrade quandry

Discussion in 'Memory' started by Rick_Barnes, 25 May 2006.

  1. Rick_Barnes

    Gangster

    Joined: 19 May 2006

    Posts: 449

    Location: London

    ive got 512mb of Crucial DDR500 Tracer,

    is worth holding on to this and buying a second matching stick, to have 1 gig fast DDR now.

    selling this and getting a budget 2gb kit?

    or holding out completley for DDR2 and a new platform sooner rather than later?


    PS. cant see the pretty lights cos of my case, so looks arnt an issue.
     
  2. Jay_t

    Hitman

    Joined: 19 May 2005

    Posts: 714

    Location: The Lake District

    I'd probably hold out for DDR2 and conroe. If you are staying with DDR1 for now you might be better off getting a 2gb budget kit. Many people have had problems with that Crucial Ballistix/tracer ram, so you might want to stay away from it. :o