DDR4 RAM is intel only? Nighthawk red

Associate
Hi all, i think i just made a stupid mistake, I just orderd Nighthawk red LED 16GB Ram, then after reading the details it seems to say its only Intel Kabylake and Skylake compatible? its for a ryzen 1600 build, so please say its just a mistake in the webpage, else im going to have to phone and swap them out, or when they arrive send back and swap them out :/ plus its the only ones i could find in red.
many thanks in advance

url for the ram: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...al-channel-kit-red-light-thrd4-my-084-tg.html

Don
No DDR4 is also ok for Ryzen, but your kits are maybe optimised (timing wise) for Intel.

Whether that makes any real difference is a different matter but it should work happily enough with AMD.

Associate
OP
No DDR4 is also ok for Ryzen, but your kits are maybe optimised (timing wise) for Intel.

Whether that makes any real difference is a different matter but it should work happily enough with AMD.
yeah thats what i was thinking, im still kind of new to pc building (2 or 3 years of it) i thought as long as its a DDR4 compatible mobo then any DDR4 would work as long as they are the same make and speeds, one thing i thought of tho is does this mean the XMP profile will not work on my AMD mobo, like have they got a XMP profile on them that are tuned to a intel type of mobo, making me have to manually tune the overclock if i want it OC'D?
thanks for your input/help so far :)

Associate
Made the same mistake myself. Ordered 2 x 16GB RGB 3600 corsair RAM for an intel Z490 chipset and it was not clear in the blurb that it was optimized for AMD Ryzen. Seems to work fine though even on XMPII overclock.
Not sure what the differences are but there are a lot of factors that make RAM work correctly for instance, signal drive strengths, de-coupling, edge detection on top of all of the timing settings. Just wondering how far into the fundamental design goes to qualify the statement.

Back
Top Bottom