the best film ive seen in ages and certainly one of the best ive ever seen

Soldato
- Is there a problem mate?

Paddy - No, nothing.

- Ey, wtf you looking at ??????

Paddy - YOU YA **** !

Soldato
cheets64 said:
Aye, come from St Helens he was known as the pretty boy of boxing.

I remember Eubank beating him in the early nineties.

This film was brilliant, I'd recommend it to anyone, the lead character just played it so well, the rest of the cast were naturals. Brilliant storyline, plots, dialogue, action and acting.

Soldato
I caught this film last night by accident. I can now safely say it is one of my favourite films of all time and by quite a long way. I was completely gripped by it from start to finish.

Utterly terrifying at times. The drug scene was one of the most uncomfortable film moments I've ever seen and a damn good portrayal of the drug in question. Considine's portrayal of a psycho is absolutely mind blowing.

I'm going to make my missus watch it tonight. It'll mentally scar her but will be worth it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Aye paddy considine steals the show in this. Infact the guy who plays anthony does a brilliant job too.

Paddy Considine can act so brilliantly. His mood changes and sinister side in films can be amazing

Associate
I watched the first hour last night after seeing this thread and I must say it was fantastic, I'm gonna watch the other half I recorded now.

Edit, Just watched the rest and I have to say it's up there on the best films I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Soldato
i watched it again even though it was only the other week i watched and brought this thread back alive

its amazing

is A Room for Romeo Brass worth watching too then ?

Soldato
Good film guys but...

Some of the acting is terrible, only at certain times though.

I think it's something Shane Meadows does in his films though becuase the same thing happened in This is England. His actors will be going on fine going from the script and in character, then all of a sudden they are in a scene which seems to be mostly improvisation, and it just doesn't seem right, those scenes just don't fit in and thats all I think of when someone mentions one of his films.

Back
Top Bottom