Dead Rising 2 Pc Version any good?

Associate
Hi all,

I see Dead rising 2 is on offer on steam at the moment, my brother has this on the PS3 and it's great, but does anyone have the PC version? I am considering buying it, but I'm worried that it may be a bad console Port?

I would be grateful to hear from anyone as to if this is the case or not

thanks

-D

Associate
I completed it on PC with a keyboard and mouse just fine. It's nothing special but I enjoyed the playthrough.

Soldato
hmm might get this.

I assume it works with 360 controller and I can then just put it on my TV and kick back and relax consol styleeee

i'll let you know about this because when i first installed it some months ago the 360 controller wouldn't work natively. i've not long done a re-install of windows 7 so i will re-install the game now and see if they updated it to work natively and let you know.

Soldato
Its a great game & looks/plays best on PC. Capcom patched the wireless 360 controller about 8 months ago so both wired/wireless 360 controllers now work perfect & this game is bets played with a gamepad!!!

Its a zombie sandbox action game with OTT violence against zombies & a massive amount of weapon combos probably the most in any game made to date on any platform :D

Be aware you can buy this much cheaper @ retail & it has no DVD check so buy that its cheaper then install the game & keep the DVD/serial number in a safe place incase you need to reinstall at a later date! It ties the game to your gamertag which is why they do not bother about a DVD check (if only more publishers would do the same!!!) DVD checks in 2011 when you can only register the game once are so archaic :rolleyes:

Soldato
Its a great game & looks/plays best on PC. Capcom patched the wireless 360 controller about 8 months ago so both wired/wireless 360 controllers now work perfect & this game is bets played with a gamepad!!

You said exactly the same thing about RF:Armageddon and the contradiction is still there.

Its a game that gets boring quickly and feels very 'grindy'. Visuals weren't exactly interesting at any rate on any platform and the controls don't really have much to offer between either on gamepad or mouse/keyboard. If you want the game I'd go with wherever is cheapest or failing that, whichever platform you think you can get the most back from when you inevitably get bored of it and trade it in.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

based on what you all wrote I bought it yesterday ;)

also a little tip which most of you probably already knew, but when in the safe room always grab a fireaxe and then grab the sledgehammer just outside the safe room past the workshop and combine - it does a lot of damage, but mainly gives a lot more prestige points per use than the spiked bat - especially the secondary attack!

Soldato
You said exactly the same thing about RF:Armageddon and the contradiction is still there.

Its a game that gets boring quickly and feels very 'grindy'. Visuals weren't exactly interesting at any rate on any platform and the controls don't really have much to offer between either on gamepad or mouse/keyboard. If you want the game I'd go with wherever is cheapest or failing that, whichever platform you think you can get the most back from when you inevitably get bored of it and trade it in.
No contradiction whatsover you just argue with anyone who likes certain games or has anything positive to say about those.

Say hello to my ignore list you contribute nothing here AFAIC & will never ever have anything to say I consider worth reading ;)

Soldato
Want to play this game, but doesn't look like it's even worth £15. Think I'll wait for that < £6 steam sale.

Bought it on my PS3 when it first came out and didn't enjoy it at all. I hated the fact that you couldn't stay in the mall with the zombies in any sort of time frame you wanted (like most sandbox games allow) due to the weird "zombrex drug for your daughter" 24 hour garbage on it. Good idea for a game just with a pretty dodgy storyline and flawed game mechanics for the genre.

Soldato
I hated the fact that you couldn't stay in the mall with the zombies in any sort of time frame you wanted (like most sandbox games allow) due to the weird "zombrex drug for your daughter" 24 hour garbage on it.

This annoyed me too. I just wanted to play about and kill zombies in amusing ways if I felt like it.

The game isn't bad but certainly isn't great. It gets a bit repetitive and some of the boss fights are annoyingly difficult at times.

Back
Top Bottom