Dear technical support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I have wife 1.0 and thats running fine, no upgrades or patches required.

However, I have Daughter 0.17, that does not go into power save mode when left alone.

Has anyone got any solutions for this?

Associate
LMFAO quality thread, sound like a bunch of geeks though :( no offence :D

Dont worry i am a geek too! was wondering if anyone had a copy of girlfriend 2.6 because my 2.7 i updated to doesnt allow the browser, keeps coming up with a slap error :( so want to downgrade again.

Last edited:
Soldato
AndyBorzi said:

However, I have Daughter 0.17, that does not go into power save mode when left alone.

Switch off all your cooling and let it over heat. That'll bring her down.

Soldato
OP
Warning!

"Girlfriend 1.3" has been found to contain various spyware which may manifest itself upon uninstallation. The user can easily identify if he is infected by checking for the rogue process "ExFromHell.exe" in his task manager.

Symptoms include:

Keylogging - Any actions or interfacing with other software will be logged by this rogue process.

Popups - Popups can appear when attempting to install successive versions of "Girlfriend". The installation of such new and improved software will usually be halted by the rogue process and often will result in a GSOE. (Green Screen of Envy)

Last edited:
Soldato
AndyBorzi said:

I have same problem with Son 0.25, I find a hard reset helps (use a rubber mallet)

Associate
GordyR said:
Dear Technical Support,

I eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product
soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up
all my available resources, it does come bundled with Cleanhouse2005.

My copy of Wife 1.0 has a buggy version of Cleanhouse. Can it be updated with a service pack ?

Associate
yeah there is the new cleanhouse 2006 so if you have 2005 you can now upgrade, but after all the new things it has had over christmas there is a bug in 2006 where it gets an error about being over weight, havent found a patch for this yet :(

Soldato
OP
sparemips said:
My copy of Wife 1.0 has a buggy version of Cleanhouse. Can it be updated with a service pack ?

Unfortunately no. A defective version on Cleanhouse is usually unrepairable. The incompatibility rate between versions of Wife and Cleanhouse seems to be increasing these days.

May I suggest using software from a 3rd party such as FrenchMaid 3.5. This software also doubles up as an excellent "input/output" interface when Wife 1.0 is not accepting your login or password.

Frenchmaid 3.5 also comes with a fantastic "skinning" system. Just download the relevant "dll's" from their website and copy them in to your Frenchmaid folder. For example in your command prompt type:-

Copy C:\stockings.dll C:\Program Files\Frenchmaid
Copy C:\suspenders.dll C:\Program Files\Frenchmaid
Copy C:\peekaboobra.dll C:\Program Files\Frenchmaid

Alternatively just delete all the "dll's" in the Frenchmaid folder if you prefer the classic "bare" look.

Man of Honour
sparemips said:
Ann Summers Party 1.0 is proven to significantly improve the performance of Wife 1.0 however this often comes at the cost of complete exclusion of the Male instance in preference for other Wife 1.0 processes, often for several hours.

It is reported that SneakyVideoCamera 0.9 can often provide enjoyment for the lonely Male instance in the next room however this process is not completely foolproof and as such is still in beta. Side effects include termination of the Male instance.

Soldato
I have also found that Diamonds 1.0 allows you to purchase a limited license of Cleanhouse 2006 however you have to be aware that this is a subscription service MMORLG (Much Money or Ridiculously Large Gift) Program.

An alternative is to install LovingCare2006 However I have only read bad reviews on this requiring a huge ammount of processing time meaning there are no resources left in your system to run DrinkingMates 4.2

Associate
im currently running the irish version of girlfriend 2.0, and am happy to say it is a great improvement over the english and canadian versions.

interestingly, it comes bundled with cleanhouse and autodinner (normally found in the wife 1.0 bundle), but it uses very few resources, and seems to have some extra features:

lifemanager pro - organises everything for me to my specifications, and gives reminders of important dates.

MoneyClever deluxe edition - carefully restricts impulse buying whilst allowing pc upgrades. also links to lifemanager pro to allow budgeting for important dates.

in addition to this, the program appears to be completely compatible with drinkingmates 4.5, startrek viewer 1.0 and gamingmarathon plus.

i have even used the trial version of motherinlaw 1.0, and have been pleasantly surprised that the irish version doesnt cause the resource conflicts that the uk version does.

however- there are a few downsides- the sarcasm module has considerably greater output than the english and canadian versions, and it has a tendancy to fall over at random for no detectable reason.

beyond the minor stability issues, i would say its the best version i have seen so far, and offers superb value for money (especially considering that it comes with a monthly cash rebate to offset its running costs).

TG

Associate
Wife 1.0 gave me a scare on Chrimbo eve by announcing that she was late clearing out her unwanted files. She went out and bought FileChecker 1.0 to see if these files were infected. (longest 3 minutes of my life!!)

FileChecker 1.0 did not find any infection and two days later these unwanted files were deleted.

Soldato
OP
Raist said:
Trying to find a pun for Beta versions vs. full release :eek: or using file compression on overweight items, but can't think of anything. :(

Welcome to the Wife 5.6 Beta testing program. Please be aware that not all features are enabled in this release. Details of the limited functionality are listed below.

Oral recognition - Currently any oral requests will be met with stunned silence. We are working hard to implement this and you can expect it to be complete in time for the full release. However, use of these oral functions will depend largely on the amount of resources the user allows "Wife 5.6" to consume.

Anti replication system - This is not yet active. Users should be sure to use an adequate firewall when interfacing with "Wife 5.6" to avoid unwanted replication. Failure to do so will result in your version of "Wife" becoming infected. Upon infection you will be given a 9 month grace period in which the issues can be remedied by installing "Abortion 2006". However if installation of "Abortion 2006" is not completed within the given grace period users should be advised that viral replication is then unstoppable. In such an event other applications such as "SexLife 3.4","BankAccount 8.9" and "Freedom 4.4" will be rendered useless and may as well be uninstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom