Death Stranding - who is still undecided and not purchased yet?

Associate
I am undecided because of the price. And I played the first 4-5 hours with a friend on a 65" 4k OLED TV and surround speakers that would make my flat shake - and games he shows me like that don't tend to do it for me when I try them at home :(

how’s the image quality on an oled?

Associate
kojima said that Americans won't get the game maybe has a point a game were you walk a lot might not appeal to a country were no one walks anywhere unlike Japan which has a walking culture a bit like Britain and people use public transport.

Soldato
For those on the fence about it..

1. Yes you do walk a lot, at the beginning. But finding shortcuts to your destination is half the fun, for example using ladders or grappling hooks on a cliff.
2. You will later obtain vehicle fabrication (not going into specifics no spoilers) as well as the ability to carry heavier loads on your person.
3. It looks amazing, if you like exploring vast, open, varied terrain in games, this is for you.
4. It really does give you the sense and satisfaction of "I am somebody doing something great" and every delivery feels very rewarding. IMO.

Soldato
It looks very nice visually but the gameplay seems immensely boring. Without the Kojima name and expensive graphics I think this would just be one of the many walking simulators on steam. I haven't played it though so I could be very wrong but I'm definitely going to pass on this one.

Associate
You stick to your Fortnite mate and you Call of duty with its 6 hour campaign boring games.

The irony of this comment is it makes YOU seem very young not the poster you're taking shots at. Just because someone thinks the game is a load of pretentious nonsense doesn't mean they are Fortnite and Call of Duty fans, and even if they were... there is nothing more 'credible' about death stranding than either of those games.

Caporegime
seems like an amazing open world however as a game it seems boring.

i mean GTA at least you get loads of people to kill and do stuff which is fun.

this just seems like minecraft 2020 with some part time work as an uber eats delivery guy.

Soldato
Safe to say mack wasn't a fan of it, not surprised though.

The more I've seen and read I have decided am out, if people enjoy it then fair play to them but doesn't look like I would

You stick to your Fortnite mate and you Call of duty with its 6 hour campaign boring games.

Oh a swing and a miss poor kid. Also very few buy cod or fortnite to play single player providing thousands of hours. Guess gaming is new to you.

I take it you are a fan of the game? What makes it good as it looks like a a glorified delivery game?

Associate
Well I played another 1.5 hours last night (2 hours in now). Half of that was cutscenes probably though! I think I enjoy the game. It is very relaxing and the music is great. Visuals are gorgeous, up there with the best I have seen on any platform, PC included. I think the whole weirdness of it is half the appeal. I am glad I bought it and I am sure I will easily get 15 hours + out of the game.

Associate
Safe to say mack wasn't a fan of it, not surprised though.

The more I've seen and read I have decided am out, if people enjoy it then fair play to them but doesn't look like I would
Im not surprised either he hated metal gear solid 5 people in the north East won't get Kojima games they are not known for being cultured they are the reason we are leaving the European Union that region voted heavily for Brexit.

Soldato
Bit of a duplicate post from the main Death Stranding thread, so hopefully Mods won't mind.

Not sure how to do the whole username tagging here, but I hope neoglow sees this post.

MASSIVE thanks to this fellow OcUK-er - out of the blue last week, I got an email notification about a Conversation that had been opened with me on the forum - reading it, my 'this must be a scam' radar went into overdrive (no offense to neoglow!). So I did my due diligence, and sure enough, the guy had plenty of posts and indeed there were plenty of tell tells to confirm this might be genuine.

I'll not go too far into details, as I don't want the poor guy to be bombarded with begging requests, but neoglow kindly offered me a copy of Death Stranding - for nothing! A proper Secret Santa, and what was pretty awesome (I thought) is that he likened the gesture; to the premise of the game:

"No scam, no cost, just a fellow forum member getting in the spirit of Christmas and like the game, connecting people in a fractured world"

So a huge thank you dude! And although I've promised myself not to open it until Christmas, I cannot wait to play the game.

I'll pop a message in your Trust :)

Back
Top Bottom