Death Stranding

Soldato
Is it even worth using vehicles in this game, I have tried the bike once but there are rocks and rivers and other obstacles in so many places, I find it so much easier to just run with the cargo on my back.

Soldato
Defensive Truck good for moving large loads for road building.

Bike a requirement once you get some roads and for running urgent tasks through ground with nme. Killing BT is fine until you need to address 20+ of them :)

If you try and walk every quest it will get tedious quickly.

Zip lines seem useless early game then become the second coming of Christ once you hit the snowy mountains.

Soldato
Defensive Truck good for moving large loads for road building.

Bike a requirement once you get some roads and for running urgent tasks through ground with nme. Killing BT is fine until you need to address 20+ of them :)

If you try and walk every quest it will get tedious quickly.

Zip lines seem useless early game then become the second coming of Christ once you hit the snowy mountains.

Can you easily speed through BTs on a bike? I tried it when I first got one and couldn't seem to? It was rather frustrating getting a bike and then loosing it when I moved to a new area, but I can now make one so happy to have it back. So far I've definitely found it a lot better than walking, even if some terrain is tricky.

Man of Honour
Can you easily speed through BTs on a bike? I tried it when I first got one and couldn't seem to? It was rather frustrating getting a bike and then loosing it when I moved to a new area, but I can now make one so happy to have it back. So far I've definitely found it a lot better than walking, even if some terrain is tricky.

Yes, you should be ok unless you drive directly into a BT. The bike is certainly one of the best methods of getting around. Hopefully you have lots of roads on your server. That helps massively.

Soldato
Yes, you should be ok unless you drive directly into a BT. The bike is certainly one of the best methods of getting around. Hopefully you have lots of roads on your server. That helps massively.

Thanks, last time it was on a piece of flat land as I came over a bridge but kept running straight into them. Will try again now I know it should be possible.

Soldato
I doing a lot of mountain climbing right now :D, even though this game is very repetitive somehow it's very addictive :) I hope I will get to finish this game eventually.

Associate
A dozen or so hours into this now and not sure it's going to hold my interest much longer

Whilst I still consider it a good game, the clunky mechanics when you run into a BT, especially the puddle ones is killing it for me

Man of Honour
A dozen or so hours into this now and not sure it's going to hold my interest much longer

Whilst I still consider it a good game, the clunky mechanics when you run into a BT, especially the puddle ones is killing it for me

Don’t run into them then. BTs are easily avoided. Sneak past, hold your breath when they get too close. I never once ended up in the puddle after the initial tutorial puddle. Eventually you get loads of equipment to take them out - I still just snuck past them.

Soldato
I haven't switched my PC on in almost a month, am I likely to have issues with my save in this game? Like, roads and stuff disappeared or will it be the opposite and more "infrastructure" than when I left it?

Man of Honour
I haven't switched my PC on in almost a month, am I likely to have issues with my save in this game? Like, roads and stuff disappeared or will it be the opposite and more "infrastructure" than when I left it?

Depends whether players on your instance have been maintaining it. I suspect in a number of months time as players drop off you’ll likely see fewer roads etc.

So are we saying that this is delivery letter post simulator?

No.

You have missions which take you from a to b and sometimes to c as well. You will battle monsters and other factions, upgrade your weapons, kit and methods of transportation.

Traversing some parts of the map is a mission unto itself.

There is something quite compelling about it.

Associate
I am 54 hours into this and must be 4 or 5 hours from the end. I have absolutely loved this game, the gfx are incredible and the gameplay and story are unlike anything else i've ever played!!! definitely recommended!!

Soldato
I am 54 hours into this and must be 4 or 5 hours from the end. I have absolutely loved this game, the gfx are incredible and the gameplay and story are unlike anything else i've ever played!!! definitely recommended!!

Yeah I agree, finished it last week and thought it was excellent. I probably spent too much time myself on additional deliveries and building roads and stuff as I was starting to get a little tired of it by the end, but I easily could have cracked on with the story a bit more so that was down to me really.

Soldato
Yeah I agree, finished it last week and thought it was excellent. I probably spent too much time myself on additional deliveries and building roads and stuff as I was starting to get a little tired of it by the end, but I easily could have cracked on with the story a bit more so that was down to me really.

I've been fully focused on building roads and pretty much disregarding the story for a while. I haven't switched the PC on for 3 weeks - those roads better still be there!

Back
Top Bottom