• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

decent AGP card for around £110-£120?

Associate
hi chaps,

my mates after a new GFX card for his PC, has to be AGP and ideally no more than £120. any suggestions? i'm not too clued up on ATi cards, i run an nVidia so know a little more about them. i saw a Point Of View 6800XT 512mb for £115... thought this would be a good bet... any views or alternatives?

also this card will pretty much be used to run BF2 most of the time :)

thanks in advance!

Dave

Associate
OP
also a quick note its in a small case, microATX... is that the right terminology?! :o not sure if that would be an issue or not but its obviously a compact case so not so much room :)

Dave

Man of Honour
MicroATX is correct terminology but I don't know if it is right in this instance, you could have a low profile unit which would make it rather more difficult as you would need a half-height graphics card possibly. If it is MicroATX then it shouldn't be a problem with a 6800XT providing it is definitely AGP. If going ATI I'd suggest an X800 GTO, also take a look in the Members Market if you have access as there are often some good secondhand bargains in there :)

Associate
OP
ATi, nVidia, its doean't really matter to him, he just wants the most bang for his buck :)

hes just said a budget of £200 for a gig of ram and a new GFX card, so i guess he could push £140 possibly £150 on a card? :)

any links would be great, looking to get it ordered at lunch.

thanks,

Dave

Man of Honour
Sorry I hadn't realised before that you didn't have enough posts to access the Members Market otherwise that would have been quite a good option.

I'd suggest the Powercolor X800 GTO 256mb for ~£120 and 2x512mb Geil Value for ~£60 leaving £20 in the budget and get him to take you out for a few drinks :) There isn't much point in going for a more expensive graphics card as it won't offer that much more for the money and AGP is now effectively a dying standard.

Back
Top Bottom