Decent keyboard for gaming

Associate
just try some out, press the keys if theyre responsive and have good spacing then your onto a winner. I find the microsoft and logitech keyboards dont respond very well. i like clicky keys that are quick to respond.

Soldato
mrk said:
Can you confirm that you can customise the buttons on the ultra x? or does it /only/ have buttons for play/pause/stop/volume etc ?

I never customised mine. Didn't have any drivers for it or anything as i bought it OEM.

However, the Media button opens Winamp, Favourites and WWW open Firefox and E-mail opens Outlook.

So it's always been perfect for me! :D

Associate
Logitech Media Keyboard.

I use it an have absolutely no complaints. Also got a few friends who use it and they have no complaints either.

Totally, agree with the "gamer's keyboard" thing being a gimmick. There is very little (if any :p) difference between this keyboard and the Saitek one, except the backlight. But that is pretty useless, since most people spending that much money on a keyboard probably use their PCs 8 hours+/day and should know where wasd, space, shift, etc are. :p

Save yourself the money and get a Logitech Media Keyboard. :)

Soldato
Malenko said:
I've now got a Saitek Eclipse. The backlight/keylight feature is excellent for playing in the dark, not sure what fullfat meant by you have to be sitting ontop of it to see the keys??? It shines light around all keys, and through the actual character aswell. I can see each key very clearly even from outside of the room.

The board itself feels very solid as do the keys (which are smooth and very quiet) Layout is also excellent with a perfect spacing between keys. Oversized spacebar is also pretty cool.

Got one of these last week from here, along with a razor diamondback plasma mouse and steel pad mousemat. All three are excellent products and worth the money IMHO

The Eclispe keyboard is well designed and the keys and board itself is very solid and when typing the keystrokes are soft and queit but feel very solid.

Compared to my 4 year old logitech wireless keyboard and mouse they are in a totally different league :)

Man of Honour
Spunj99 said:
I never customised mine. Didn't have any drivers for it or anything as i bought it OEM.

However, the Media button opens Winamp, Favourites and WWW open Firefox and E-mail opens Outlook.

So it's always been perfect for me! :D

ah thanks! so there are play/pause buttons etc and volume? :D

Soldato
OP
I'm happy with my Logitech MX 700 mouse, has been very good to me over the years :)

The wireless died the other night aswell so am using cheap thing I found in the garage, it's white for starters, yuk, so I get paid on Thursday and I'll be going shopping, see what I can get.

Must admit though the DiNovo by logitech is looking very nice.

Back
Top Bottom