Decent mouse for a left hander (Not for gaming) - Does such a thing exist?

Soldato
I know this subforum is for gaming peripherals but this seems like the best place to start...

I've currently got the Left-handed version of the Logitech MX610. Been using it for years and they've long been discontinued, as seems to be typical with Logitech mice the left-click button degrades with use, there's no debounce circuitry and you start getting unintended double clicks all over the place and drag/drop becomes something of a lottery. I've replaced the microswitch two or three times over the years and it's due for more surgery as the usual syptoms are rearing their head again and as it's beginning to look a bit dog-eared I thought it was about time I checked out the market to see what options are out there for replacement and it's not looking promising.

Based on what I've found so far, I'm pretty much resigned to having to get an ambidextrous mouse at best as the true left handed options are all but non-existent however I'm struggling to find anything which meets my (fairly basic) needs. Anyone got any recommendations based on the following requirements?

*Wireless (Bluetooth preferred but I already seem to be asking the impossible so lets not push it...)
*Back/forward buttons within comfortable reach of the thumb when using with the left hand
*Tilt wheel or other similar left/right movement of the scroll wheel (I use this to bounce windows from screen to screen with my current mouse)
*Not unbranded rubbish
*I'm not a gamer and have no interest in the ultra-fast response times, garish LEDs and various other gaming related features that are used to market any kind of half-decent mouse
*If it makes a difference, although I use a mouse with my left hand I have the buttons in the 'standard' configuration (back in the Amiga days when I started using a mouse the idea of switching the buttons hadn't been considered!). My Logitech has the buttons wired backwards and I have to switch them in software to get them back how I'm used to them, which under some circumstances can result in trackpads or other connected mice also getting their buttons reversed.

Associate
I've been using this (well the older G900 which is the same but doesn't support wireless charging) for a few years.

*link removed, don't know why, OCUK don't even sell it! :rolleyes:* Logitech G903.

I really like it, response wise you wouldn't notice a difference from a wired mouse and it's got great battery life.

Can have back/forward buttons on either side and it feels well built. It is expensive though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom