DELETED_5350

Associate
Well i do around 1000 miles a month, so would TDI be good?

In terms of cost it doesn't make much difference at that mileage. It'll use less fuel but there's more to go wrong. Drive both and see which you prefer. Imo the 1.8 is a bit slow for no benefit in fuel usage and the 2.5 isn't much quicker but uses a lot more fuel.

Soldato
I think it depends what your priorities are. The diesel is better for crusing on the motorway and chuging around town as the increase in noise and vibration isn't that noticable and the extra torque makes it feel quicker. The petrol is imo more enjoyable to drive and steers slightly better. It's also faster if you're actually trying. However I can't imagine just driving mine for the sake of it but for what it is it's ok and can be enjoyable.

That was my point :)

The Mondeo is a fantastic handling car for what it is, but they just rarely tend to get used in any sort of enthusiastic manner. ST aside, they are brilliant utilitarian cars - something you load up with junk, furniture, dogs, people or all of the above and not worry about what it's costing you or whether it's going to get you where you're going without hassle.

Well i do around 1000 miles a month, so would TDI be good?

See my point above about best case/worst case scenario. If you want to know all the ins and outs of potential problems and my experience of more than 2 years of owning one, let me know

Back
Top Bottom