• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Deciding between 4890 and GTX 260

Soldato
I used to have a bfg gtx 280 OC but sold it and bought two gainward gtx 260 216 golden samples. I had a nice jump in performance. I can't comment on wether a single would be faster than a 4890 but I think it would be close.

I'm not an nvidia/ati fan boy as I usually buy the best card for my use and budget. If I were you I'd wait unroll the new ati cards come out and see what the prices and benchmarks are.

If they are as expected I shall more than likely be putting the 260's for sale and getting a new ati card.

Man of Honour
Love my 260GTX SLI - literally powers through anything and even does a good job at crysis... personally I see it as a good stop gap that should last me until either the nVidia DX11 or the ATI 5800 series refresh.

Back
Top Bottom