Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Or all the witnesses were so woke that they didn't feel reporting the suspects colour would be relevant.

I'm sure Gary Lineker will bail him out and welcome him into his home though. :D

I was wondering if they may have been scared to say it was a black man stabbing white people. Surely it's now a hate crime to have the audacity to say a black man is capable of this. They are all innocent and the blame is on colonial Britain in many people's opinion

Commissario
It does seem extraordinary. An hour and a half after the first stabbing and he was still walking and attacking.
Unless you can absolutely flood the entire area with enough police to ensure no can can move from one street to another, then no it's probably not surprising that in a reasonably large town or city the hunt for someone can take hours, as unless you've got them in sight all the time you have to start the search anew every time you lose them, and in most towns and cities within a few minutes you can be well and truly lost to the police (a helifcopter can help if you can get it tracking the person, otherwise it's just going to see people).

Given there are a very finite number of officers able to respond within a given timeframe, and the guy was moving around, whilst the officers would initially have been concentrating on his last known attack (with officers getting information and protecting paramedics), by the second or third attack there may have been no more officers able to get there for several minutes, and by that time he could have been several streets away even if just walking.

Capodecina
Soldato
You'd have thought police would be all over Birmingham city centre especially on a Sat night. Bizarre that it took so long.
I believe that the Police were busy dealing with the usual Saturday night crowd of drunk youths.
They probably also had to deal with many complaints from members of the public about anti-social behaviour by drunk youths.
One can perhaps understand why some highly unusual, seemingly unconnected random calls got lost in the everyday preoccupation with reports about drunk youths.

Soldato
Right but when for example a woman is stabbed multiple times in the neck Id expect that would take priority over some drunk youths.

It does seem from reading various other reports that right before this event there was some kind of large confrontation at the arcadium with some even reporting gunshots. Perhaps the two were even linked somehow.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Nope, just Saturday night in Birmingham. I remember when The Arcadian was classy, then it became the place to get a free, expensive watch from petrified footballers.

Commissario
Right but when for example a woman is stabbed multiple times in the neck Id expect that would take priority over some drunk youths.

It does seem from reading various other reports that right before this event there was some kind of large confrontation at the arcadium with some even reporting gunshots. Perhaps the two were even linked somehow.
They'll have sent what they considered enough of the available people to deal with each stabbing.

They can'tsimply drop dealing with the usual drunks without then risking that getting worse.

Soldato
I'm sure the reality of dealing with the chaos is far more difficult than expected and resource is likely the root of it. I just know that towns I went out in as a youngster had security in every place that required it and they were in contact with the police who arrived in minutes if needed. They were never more than 5 minutes away.

Soldato
Alas, it is not unusual to see multiple connected stabbings in a single night in a large metropolitan area in the UK. Thank goodness we have such tight gun control! The police response would have been challenging I imagine on this occasion as they were dealing with a single person acting in a seemingly random fashion rather than a large gang fight. This particular incident doesn't really reflect a "declining attitude to law and order" in my opinion.

Permabanned
What happened about the eyewitness report of there being a big fight and "racial slurs" being shouted, and it being a "multicultural theme night"? I hope the police aren't doing a whitewash in the interest of racial harmony, West Midlands Police seem overly keen of taking the knee these days.

Soldato
I saw a nickname being mentioned (Ray) along with possible mental health issues, schizophrenia etc. Certainly feels like the usual narrative. That or it'll simply be buried and forgotten about. After a quick look there seems to have been another stabbing in Birmingham of a 19 year old in the last couple of hours. Sigh...

Soldato
Just wondering why, with most of these attacks, we have the guys name, home town and favourite sandwich within a few hours yet nothing on this guy. The police in Brum can't be that bad. Can they?

And in the case of it being a white guy there'd be quotes from social media where he criticises gays, blacks or Islam and photos of him holding an England flag, strategically cropped so they can be taken out of context by the gullible masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom