Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
What has already started?

The fight back against Labour's well touted attempt to "Rub the Right's noses in diversity", that's what's started. The quiet people are getting vocal, in the media and at the ballot boxes. If the ex Daily Mail publicist Paul Dacre or those with a more Right wing view succeed in getting into the BBC, which seems likely, expect to see this media become much less biased or sympathetic to specious immigrant causes.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . The quiet people are getting vocal . . .
It would be nice to think that you are referring to the "Quiet" IDS and his tiny band of followers.

However, I suspect that you are talking about knuckle dragging football "fans", with blotched and lagered skin, with food particles in their teeth, sporting shapeless haircuts and wearing ghastly patterned shirts :confused:

Caporegime
It basicaly says it in the last paragraph.

If my dog keeps barking I want to find out why its barking. I dont just keep shouting STFU or decide to get rid of the dog.
Im not a policy maker. But just for a laugh lets defund the police and put that money into schools.

Yes we need to pay more tax anyway due to underspending on most public services and giving our tax away to big business.

It's not really that straight forward. It is simply unsustainable for example to have a translator for every language spoken in every school. How the hell do you accommodate all those extra staff and noise?

Capodecina
Soldato
Number Ten explores sending asylum seekers to Moldova, Morocco, Papua New Guinea, the Ascension Island or St Helena (LINK)
Do these bizarre ideas spring from some orifice on one of Cummings' wierdos?
Have none of these fruit loops seen Papillon or Les Miserables?
Can't we find a fleet of Cruise ships or some mothballed Aircraft Carriers?

Man of Honour
It's not really that straight forward. It is simply unsustainable for example to have a translator for every language spoken in every school. How the hell do you accommodate all those extra staff and noise?

It's not straight forward but it's also not as ridiculous as putting multiple translators in classrooms.

So we as tax payers should pay more to enhance the skills of immigrants to stop them from negatively impacting our children?

If you were a turkey would you pay for a bigger oven?

From that study you linked to:

Evidence from selected countries indicates that it is mainly disadvantaged immigrant children (as measured by parental education, for example) who have a negative effect on the educational performance and attainment of native children. Furthermore, other education research has shown that this type of peer effect is common for all children. Thus, education policies could mitigate the negative effects that immigrant children have on their native peers by providing support to children with a disadvantaged background, instead of focusing solely on immigrant children.

We should all be paying more taxes to benefit all children. Google some of your local schools and see how many of them are begging for money/have donation pages.

Caporegime
It's not straight forward but it's also not as ridiculous as putting multiple translators in classrooms.

From that study you linked to:

We should all be paying more taxes to benefit all children. Google some of your local schools and see how many of them are begging for money/have donation pages.

So how will adding to the problem with non native speakers who will consume significantly more resource to educate be a positive thing? Surely we would want less of that to ease the burden on schools and the tax payers.

Capodecina
Soldato
So how will adding to the problem with non native speakers who will consume significantly more resource to educate be a positive thing? . . .
I take it from this that you are entirely happy with immigrants who speak English as well as or even better than many people born in the United Kingdom? Who knows, they could become excellent English teachers :)

ps - you do know that there is no such thing as a "native speaker" don't you? Of course you do, silly me, you are fluent in the English language ;)

Man of Honour
So how will adding to the problem with non native speakers who will consume significantly more resource to educate be a positive thing? Surely we would want less of that to ease the burden on schools and the tax payers.

The current 'problem' is fixable, this country needs young skilled workers unless there's massive changes to current systems.

No no, we should pay more taxes to educate the world's kids to the detriment of our own.

'The worlds kids' I think you have an inflated view of how many are actually coming here :D

Why would it be to the detriment of our own, it'd be for disadvantaged kids regardless of where they're born.

ps - you do know that there is no such thing as a "native speaker" don't you? Of course you do, silly me, you are fluent in the English language ;)

Of course there is? :confused:

Caporegime
I take it from this that you are entirely happy with immigrants who speak English as well as or even better than many people born in the United Kingdom? Who knows, they could become excellent English teachers :)

Of course there are native speakers. I.e those who learned the language as their first tongue. Google it, you will find the results you need.

But that's just one example of where there is additional cost/burden on the tax payer and additional strain on resource and an impact upon our children.

I'm sure you can probably think up numerous other issues too, if you try hard enough.

Cultural sexism being one, just off the top of my head.

Of course we can try to re-educate every person of every culture about these things but again, the cost, the time, the damage, is it really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom